Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Invitation received from WA with a job offer clause

4K views 27 replies 8 participants last post by  ScotDownUnder 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi Friends,

Yesterday, I got an invitation mail from Western Australia with a special condition. My occupation is showing under schedule 2 category, which has a job offer clause to apply state nomination. I am really do not understand what to do in this crucial situation. Moreover, they offered me a 28 days deadline to submit required details and complete online test. According to the Australia occupation list, my skills were assessed for Program or Project Administrator ( 511112 ).

I need experts and real experience people suggestions and guidance to shun this problem. If I miss this chance, I would be lost 5 points in age criteria in next month then I only eligible for 489 subclass visa.

I look forward to valuable opinions of experienced people.

Kind Regards
K V R

#2 ·
You can't shun this!!!..As per the guidelines stated clearly on the WA site, if your occupation falls under schedule 2, you must have a valid, genuine offer letter in your occupation or closely related occupation in their state. Failing which your application will be rejected.
There is no ambiguity here.

#3 ·
Hi,

with such a tight timelines you should have checked twice prior applying for the state nomination.

Regards
Sameer

Reactions: kettlerope
#4 ·
You face the IMMINENT RISK of REJECTION !

You MUST have checked and understood the process prior to starting it.

As per "WESTERN AUSTRALIAN STATE NOMINATION ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS":

IF OCCUPATION ON SCHEDULE 2 OF THE WESTERN AUSTRALIAN SKILLED MIGRATION OCCUPATION LIST THEN

For Subclass 489 visa:

Have a contract of employment for full-time employment for at least 12 months in regional Western Australia in the nominated (or closely related) occupation.

REF: Contract of employment

REF: State nomination migration program 2014-2015 process and requirements

Reactions: kettlerope
#5 ·
Thanks friends for your response to my query. Finally, I do not have any other option in this situation and should wait for July list.

But, I have a doubt that If I fail to apply state nomination in the current scenario, would I get invitation from WA in the future?

#6 ·
Write them an e-mail regarding your oversight !

Write them an email and explain then your problem.

Tell them clearly that IT was an oversight from your end.

This may enable them to consider you for future invitations.

Reactions: andrew64
#8 ·
Till now no positive sign about job offer. Can I quit this invitation? I contacted WA to know about some queries, but every time getting a standard drafted mail from them to Schedule 2 occupation holders must provide job evidence to the concern department.

Please anyone suggest me whether quit or search for other ways.

#9 ·
Inform WA that you aren't getting any job offer, so you would be letting this invite expire.

Might apply again IF you get a Job offer in future and Thanks them for giving you an opportunity.

#11 ·
No one BUT the concerned STATE or DIBP would know which Occupations would be in or out of any list in Future.

People who claim that they know are merely speculating.

IF I come across some information THEN I will share it with you.

Reactions: kvr82
#12 ·
Today afternoon I have received Invitation mail second time from WA with the same message but the system generated number and Invitation number is different than earlier number.

Any meaning of this second time invitation mail?

Your application, including successfully completing the test, must be lodged within twenty eight (28) days of receiving this email. It means the deadline would be effected from the date of new mail date.

Please jeeten throw some light on this query.

#13 ·
I have no idea regarding this.

You should call them or drop an email to find more details.

#15 ·
Hello KVR,

I read your post and I am sorry about your situation.... But I have some questions:

Are you sure that they mentioned you have to find a job and submit offer letter in 28 days?

I really don't think that's the case here. From your write up, the way I understood is that you have to take the test and submit documents with in 28 days, but I guess you will have more time to carry on your job search. Why don't you call or email the department and find out the timelines correctly?

The minimum time being taken by immigrants to find a job on-site is between 1-3 months or more. How would they expect you to find a job and offer letter in just 28 days, and that too from offshore?

Also, regarding the issue with receiving 2 emails, I think you can clarify this as well from the department, because not many might have been through this situation before.

Please update us if you hear from them. It would be helpful for many expats who fall under Schedule 2 and they can plan their moved accordingly.

Thanks

#17 ·
Are you sure that they mentioned you have to find a job and submit offer letter in 28 days?

I really don't think that's the case here. From your write up, the way I understood is that you have to take the test and submit documents with in 28 days, but I guess you will have more time to carry on your job search. Why don't you call or email the department and find out the timelines correctly?

The minimum time being taken by immigrants to find a job on-site is between 1-3 months or more. How would they expect you to find a job and offer letter in just 28 days, and that too from offshore?
Applicants have 28 days to complete the test and submit their completed applications. A complete application includes the supporting documents, one of which must be evidence of a job contract.

They don't expect you to find a job in 28 days, they expect you already had that in place before lodging the EOI.

#16 ·
Hi BNK,

Thanks for you reply. Here the following mail which I have received from WA for your understanding.

The Government of Western Australia would like to invite you to apply for State Nomination.

Your invitation number is INV-0515-5384. Please keep a record of this number as you will need it to complete your application.

The application for State nomination includes a test about life in Western Australia. We strongly recommend you read the test information page before starting your application.

Your application, including successfully completing the test, must be lodged within twenty eight (28) days of receiving this email.

Before accepting this invitation and you lodge your application you need to carefully read the State nomination criteria. While you have received an invitation to apply through your Expression of Interest in SkillSelect you may not meet the criteria for State nomination e.g. you are required to have a contract of employment in Western Australia if your occupation is listed on Schedule 2 of the WASMOL.

Please note that completing and submitting this application does not guarantee you will be granted State nomination.

We look forward to receiving your application.

Start my application and test.

If you came to any conclusion based on the mail please inform me.

#19 ·
Thanks for the awesome response Maggie. That definitely makes sense...

KVR... I read through the email content and I think Maggie is correct. They expect us to find an offer before applying EOI.

So Maggie, I have a question for you:

Let's say if I get a +ve outcome from Vetassess and I am eligible to apply for EOI for WA, I have to apply for jobs and get an offer first before applying EOI, correct?

But how many employers hire offshore candidates and wait for their joining? I am assuming even if we find a job and get an offer letter, after applying EOI, taking the Online Test and submitting the documents, it will certainly take 2 months till we get visa grant and another month from there to land in Oz. So does an employer wait for 3 or more months for us to join them?

Also, I have read somewhere that every employer who wants to hire an offshore candidate has to get an approval from RCB (Regional Certifying Board). Only if there is skill scarcity in local market, RCB gives an OK to hire an offshore employee. So in this case, if this is true, would companies be interested in hiring us at all?

Can you please throw some light on this topic?? And do correct me if I am wrong. Thanks!

BNK

#20 ·
Friends,

I assume that an offshore candidate could not get a job offer from Australian organizations. Moreover, onshore people who migrated from diverse countries ate not getting easily opportunities due to employers expecting local experience . Then how could an offshore applicant get an opportunity.

please anyone wants to give a suggestion that what action should be taken by me in this critical situation without any negative impact on my EOI application to get an invitation in the future from Western Australia.

#24 ·
Hi ,

Thanks for your quick response and clarification.

As i checked on website refer below statement

Contract of employment

If you are invited to make an application for State nomination from Western Australia you may require a contract of employment. This is a requirement for​ those who have an occupation on Schedule 2 of the WASMOL, those living in an Australian State or territory other than Western Australia and those who have a restricted preferred region.
The contract must meet all of the following conditions:

also please clear one more thing as i checked your given link here you mean to say "Your occupation code is open in NSW, Vic, NT and WA "my job code is listed in SOL & COSOL ? or these states are open and accepting the request for state nomination from the candidate for the job code 263111?

#25 ·
Hi Gyan,

I just checked Western Australia web site and you job code is on "Schedule 2", which means you would need a job offer to apply for state nomination. So ideally, WA is out of consideration in your case. It was my bad, I didn't check the information yesterday. Apologies for the same :)

Also, for Northern Territory, it's the same clause. You need a job offer to get state sponsorship. So even NT is out of consideration....

But, the good news is.... you can apply for state sponsorship with NSW (Sydney) and Vic (Melbourne) which are IT Hubs in Aus. So why waste time and get disappointed with WA or NT? Go ahead and apply for EOI with NSW and Vic as your preferred states and you'll surely get an invitation from either one of them.

I am including the sources of this information as well, if in case you have doubt. You can refer to it yourself. Don't waste your time, just go for NSW or VIC ASAP!

For NSW:

http://www.industry.nsw.gov.au/__da...09/NSW-Occupations-List-for-190_2015-July.pdf

For VIC:

State Nomination Occupation List for Victoria - Live in Victoria

FYI... There are no additional clauses for NSW & VIC. You can openly apply for both. Cheers Mate!

NK

#28 ·
Buddy, to have applied as you have done, one would have thought it rational to have ensured a job offer would be available pending visa approval. I suggest you get onto seek.com.au and cross your fingers that you can go through the full application and interview process before your expiry date.

#27 ·
Thanks for your quick response and suggestion anyways i already applied for NSW & VIC EOI. Simultaneously i applied VIC state sponsorship where i got negative response now waiting for EOI NSW.

Also i got invitation from WA bus as they expecting Job offer for my job code 263111 . Can you help on this.

Thanks in advance.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.