Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fast approaching retirement age and having just sold a house in France, I have about 100,000 euros to invest. I have spoken to both Abbey Life from Spain and an english speaking advisor from The Spectrum IFA Group. Both are suggesting more or less the same, some low and some high risk funds in Assurance Vie. Has anyone else on this forum got any experience with these companies and if not, any better ideas to get an average of 7% return on my capital. I have been resident in France since 1991 and have no plans to return to the UK. Many thanks

·
Registered
4,910 Posts
Assurance vie is very popular in France. There are, I seem to remember that the gains are exempt from both tax and social security. Perhaps you should make a comparison between AV and PEA. Both are tax reducing envelopes around your investments but with different constraints. For example one of them has a retention period min of 10? years.

I was put off AV by the fact that most insurers make you chose from a range of in house funds with high charges. the Last time that I looked Generali offered a policy where you could invest directly on the stock exchange.

DejW

·
Registered
671 Posts
Hi,
Look at the sticky "Assurance Vie and Retirement " on the top of this page , and follow up some of the links to insurance companies (especially on-line ones) ,you will find all you need to know .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.