Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I would like to introduce myself on this forum. I hope I will be able to get all the answers I need to know about living abroad in England.

Thank you all in advance to your responses.

Cheers,

Makalanguzu.
:plane:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hello,

As I introduced myself already, I come from Zambia and I am a Zambian by birth and Nationality. I am been in the UK from 18th of April 2009. I am married to a British woman. We decided to move to the UK because she had experienced my culture for 6 years in Zambia. It is my turn as well to experience the British culture. We got married in Zambia in September 17, 1995 and have two children. We lived in Zambia for 4 years together. My first born son was born in Zambia our second born girl was born here in the UK. My wife is a Nurse and I am an IT Engineer. We are both working in London.

Before I left Zambia, I had to get a Spouse Visa which is valid for two years only. My two children have British passports. My first question is

I want to settle in the UK and I am on a spouse Visa for two years. Will I have to return to Zambia to apply for a residence or I can apply for a residence while I am here at the end of my two years spouse visa?

The second question is I have tried to get a Mortgage for a house and I was declined because I am on the first spouse Visa. am I able to apply for a residence before the Spouse visa expires or I have to wait until two years?

What is the procedure on getting the residence permit for a person like me who is already in the England?

Your post in this matter will be highly appreciated.

Many thanks,

Makalnguzu.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts