Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there , I am Arup , living in UK at the moment , but thinking to retire in 3-4 years , most probably to Spain , so I have joined this forum , to get some knowledge , before I take the final decision. Many thanks for all your help.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Hi there , I am Arup , living in UK at the moment , but thinking to retire in 3-4 years , most probably to Spain , so I have joined this forum , to get some knowledge , before I take the final decision. Many thanks for all your help.
Hi Arup

welcome , hope you get some good info on Spain !

cheers Tony Alinante

·
Registered
27 Posts
I'm wondering what advantages we have in moving and living in Spain with my wife being a Spanish citizen. We are close to retirement

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Arup

welcome , hope you get some good info on Spain !

cheers Tony Alinante
My first question , is there any problem getting your pension (state pension and work pension) transferred regularly to Spain , wherever you are ? Is there anyway one can avoid problems with currency rate !
Thanks.

·
Registered
430 Posts
My first question , is there any problem getting your pension (state pension and work pension) transferred regularly to Spain , wherever you are ? Is there anyway one can avoid problems with currency rate !
Thanks.
I am not of pensionable age get so cant answer , but I am almost sure you can get your UK pension transferred to Spain with out a problem , and the exchange rate is good at the moment .

Cheers Tony

·
Registered
430 Posts
I'm wondering what advantages we have in moving and living in Spain with my wife being a Spanish citizen. We are close to retirement
Well I am sure there are advantages , I guess one of the biggest being that she can speak fluent Spanish !

Good luck with your move

Cheers Tony , Alicante

·
Registered
27 Posts
Thanks tony. We both are fluent in Spanish as well as knowing a lot about spanish culture. I was wondering about the advantages of buying property, getting health insurance, etc. We were married in Spain so we also have the libro de familia. I have a valid seguridad social from having worked legally in Spain some time back. So with these sorts of assets I'm wondering about how that help us make a life in.spain.

·
Registered
19,373 Posts
Thanks.
You'll get more answers if you start a thread with a title about pensions!:)
You could also look at the FAQ's to see if there's anything there and do a search of the forum to look for recent posts
And look here
https://www.gov.uk/living-in-spain

1 - 12 of 12 Posts