Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! I'm Xan. :wave: I've been recommended to this forum several times and finally decided to register today. I'm an American - still in the USA - and looking to emigrate to Turkey along with my significant other (who is currently quite a ways away in Victoria, Australia). I've done a decent amount of research since coming to the decision, but I still have some very specific questions that are harder to simply Google answers for. This looks like a great place to possibly get answers and advice, though.

We decided to move to Turkey in early 2011 for a plethora of reasons, including a deep desire to be closer to the origins of our shared Mediterranean ancestry, our shared life-long dream of living abroad in a very foreign country, and generally making somewhere new a starting ground for us as a couple that isn't my home in the USA or theirs in Australia: we want somewhere that will be ours. :eek:

I've done a decent amount of research as to where specifically we'd like to settle in Turkey based on requirements both my significant other and I have such as general climate, altitude, proximity to Greece and Istanbul, types of transportation available, etc. However, the biggest concerns for us both are job opportunities and the job market in Turkey versus our respective current locations (economic instability being one of the biggest reasons Greece was not on the table for us to move to). Unfortunately, I haven't had all that much success finding a lot of current data on the strongest job sectors and requirements to get into those job sectors. Similarly, I've had a lack of success finding average housing/living costs for varying areas to compare one to another. So, hopefully this forum can point me in the right direction to some info or members can shed some light on these topics from their own knowledge.

I look forward to browsing around and seeing what all folks here have to say. I'm not sure I will be of much help to anyone in terms of immigration questions, but I look forward to being a regular to the forum!

Thank you for reading and hello again! :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi Xan

Welcome to Expatforum. and i'm new here too and i'm happy to see most of the new comer who intro themselves here. and i will doing mine soon :D i'm from malaysia anything about malaysia you can always ask me if i'm able to help you out heheh.. anyways hello once again!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts