Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

My name is Jason, a 176 VIC sponsored migrant from China. My profession is Aircraft maintenance engineer.

I can not be used to the speaking of local people though I have been in AU for almost two months. Sometimes I totally have no idea about what they are talking about because they speak too fast and unclear.

So far I have not got my job yet. Next monday there is a interview with ALG. Good luck to me!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hey John, all the best for your interview. During any conversation if you are unable to catch the dialog, you can any time ask them to repeat what they say. They wont mind and next time they might speak slowly.

Cheers
Jaffar

Reactions: qwerty_asdf

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Hi everyone,

My name is Jason, a 176 VIC sponsored migrant from China. My profession is Aircraft maintenance engineer.

I can not be used to the speaking of local people though I have been in AU for almost two months. Sometimes I totally have no idea about what they are talking about because they speak too fast and unclear.

So far I have not got my job yet. Next monday there is a interview with ALG. Good luck to me!
Welcome to the forum...:)
Which part of australia are you staying ? I am an electrical engineer and plan to apply for Vic SS.
Since you are also an engineer by profession I thought of asking these questions to you :

1. According to you which is a better choice in terms of job opportunities : Melbourne or Regional Victoria ?

2. Any particular area in Regional Vic which you have found suitable to finding jobs for Engineers ?

Best of Luck for your upcoming interview....

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey John, all the best for your interview. During any conversation if you are unable to catch the dialog, you can any time ask them to repeat what they say. They wont mind and next time they might speak slowly.

Cheers
Jaffar
Sincerely thank you!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome to the forum...:)
Which part of australia are you staying ? I am an electrical engineer and plan to apply for Vic SS.
Since you are also an engineer by profession I thought of asking these questions to you :

1. According to you which is a better choice in terms of job opportunities : Melbourne or Regional Victoria ?

2. Any particular area in Regional Vic which you have found suitable to finding jobs for Engineers ?

Best of Luck for your upcoming interview....
Hi, life is good, isn't it?
Actually I'm not famaliar with the occupation of electrical engineer. however, I know Vic gov will recommend you to the potential employers in regional if you can not get a job in Melbourne for a certain period.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Hi everyone,

Hi,

So are you John or Jason? An AME from China huh? Thats nice. So are you Avionics, Instrumentation,Power Plant or Airframe?Which Aircraft? Old school ie 747--400, 300 Combis or the 200 Classics? Or maybe you are new class with the 737--900 ER, A330 and 340 etc?

Warm Regards,

DS

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you all very much for your kind ragards!

Interview is good, some regular questions. The problem is that my Visa is sponsored by VIC, so I can not go out for the job in Brisbane. Maybe they have other jobs in Vic in furture. Waiting for the notification. There is a long road to go!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi,

So are you John or Jason? An AME from China huh? Thats nice. So are you Avionics, Instrumentation,Power Plant or Airframe?Which Aircraft? Old school ie 747--400, 300 Combis or the 200 Classics? Or maybe you are new class with the 737--900 ER, A330 and 340 etc?

Warm Regards,

DS
Hi DC3, Call me Jason. John Watson is the name I quote from a fiction. It seems that you know the trade well. Actually, I'm holding some aircraft types operated in domestic lines, i,e,. 737, 320. What's your occupation?

·
Registered
214 Posts
Hi DC3, Call me Jason. John Watson is the name I quote from a fiction. It seems that you know the trade well. Actually, I'm holding some aircraft types operated in domestic lines, i,e,. 737, 320. What's your occupation?
Me i just work in the call centre now. Earlier i used to work for Kingfisher Airlines but in commercial purchase though.Dad was the engineering manager of Air India though.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Me i just work in the call centre now. Earlier i used to work for Kingfisher Airlines but in commercial purchase though.Dad was the engineering manager of Air India though.
Hi Are you Sanyal Dhritiman?, I just read your post. I dont know whether you remember me. My name is Sajeev and am an AME working at Cochin for KFA. I have applied for VIC SS and waiting for the outcome.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi, life is good, isn't it?
Actually I'm not famaliar with the occupation of electrical engineer. however, I know Vic gov will recommend you to the potential employers in regional if you can not get a job in Melbourne for a certain period.
Hi Jason Iam an AME from India. I have applied for VIC SS two weeks back. Hows life for AMEs in OZ now? I have Indian AME licenses on following Aircrafts
1) ATR 72-500
2) Super King Air B200
3) King Air C90A/B
4) Pilatus PC 12/45
5) Bell 206L3/4

I have applied for convesion to CASA license and I will be appearing for my CTC exams if my VIC SS is positive. Can you advice me on current situation for AMEs in OZ? I heard many AMEs from Qantas lost job recently and they are mostly from Victoria

·
Registered
278 Posts
Jason: Can u also update us with your job ?

·
Registered
214 Posts
Hi Are you Sanyal Dhritiman?, I just read your post. I dont know whether you remember me. My name is Sajeev and am an AME working at Cochin for KFA. I have applied for VIC SS and waiting for the outcome.

Dear Sajeev,

Oh hi there. Yes you have hit the nail bang on the head.Am Dhritiman Sanyal of Ex Mumbai Purchase. So i see that KFA has forced you to migrate too. But why have you applied for SS and that too to Victoria?Are you allowed to work in Melbourne?Should you not have applied for a PR directly?

Warm Regards,

DS

·
Registered
4 Posts
Dear Sajeev,

Oh hi there. Yes you have hit the nail bang on the head.Am Dhritiman Sanyal of Ex Mumbai Purchase. So i see that KFA has forced you to migrate too. But why have you applied for SS and that too to Victoria?Are you allowed to work in Melbourne?Should you not have applied for a PR directly?

Warm Regards,

DS
Dear Sanyal,
Nice to hear from you again. Its not KFA's fault, aspiration to migrate was in my mind for a long time. Even I got my AME license assessed by CASA (Airwothiness authority-Australia) long time back. I need to appear for an exam to convert my license.

In order to get 65 points to apply for PR, I need 5 points more else I need to pass IELTS with band 8. I gave IELTS last month and the score was L8,R7.5,W6.5,S6.5

VIC need only band 6 to apply for sponsorship so I thought to apply for the same. I am going to take IELTS next month and If I secure 8, I will apply for EOI with out sponsorship. If I get only 7 then I have to try VIC SS route.

I have general aviation experience on turbo prop Aircrafts so there seems to be some opportunities in Melbourne. One of our technicians migrated to Melbourne last year as a dependant. He is married to a mallu girl who is working as a nurse in Melbourne. According to him there are several opportunities in and around Melbourne.

Now Iam waiting for VIC SS result. I have applied for it two weeks back and they have not asked me to send my quals check for trade assessment. Hows life in OZ?
Hope your family is with you and they are doing fine.

Kindly guide me in this process with some info which I have to keep in mind. Which is the best book to study for IELTS general? Any tips to secure 7 and above in IELTS. Last time I just studied for 10 days with online materials from various websites. Hope to hear from you soon

Best regards
Sajeev

·
Registered
214 Posts
Dear Sanyal,
Nice to hear from you again. Its not KFA's fault, aspiration to migrate was in my mind for a long time. Even I got my AME license assessed by CASA (Airwothiness authority-Australia) long time back. I need to appear for an exam to convert my license.

In order to get 65 points to apply for PR, I need 5 points more else I need to pass IELTS with band 8. I gave IELTS last month and the score was L8,R7.5,W6.5,S6.5

VIC need only band 6 to apply for sponsorship so I thought to apply for the same. I am going to take IELTS next month and If I secure 8, I will apply for EOI with out sponsorship. If I get only 7 then I have to try VIC SS route.

I have general aviation experience on turbo prop Aircrafts so there seems to be some opportunities in Melbourne. One of our technicians migrated to Melbourne last year as a dependant. He is married to a mallu girl who is working as a nurse in Melbourne. According to him there are several opportunities in and around Melbourne.

Now Iam waiting for VIC SS result. I have applied for it two weeks back and they have not asked me to send my quals check for trade assessment. Hows life in OZ?
Hope your family is with you and they are doing fine.

Kindly guide me in this process with some info which I have to keep in mind. Which is the best book to study for IELTS general? Any tips to secure 7 and above in IELTS. Last time I just studied for 10 days with online materials from various websites. Hope to hear from you soon

Best regards
Sajeev
Hey Sajeev,

Life is very very tough especially for Indians. Having said and done everything its going to be a lot easier if you have a special skillset which you have so it wont be that bad. Frankly speaking IELTS is just a test of your comprehension of the language and the way that one manages to communicate with others.

Dont mean to brag but i didnt even study and yet got a decent score---and frankly i dont really think one can study as this is not an exam with right and wrong answers....but i yet managed to get above 8 in all the bands but my wife who is a doctor only got a 7 band.

So i guess as she says ppl with absolutely no skills fare better in IELTS as that is God's way of compensating. Btw how is KFA? Has it managed to stabilise itself?Last that i heard that salaries for last 04 months are pending?Hope that has reduced atleast?

Warm Regards,

DS

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey Sajeev,

Life is very very tough especially for Indians. Having said and done everything its going to be a lot easier if you have a special skillset which you have so it wont be that bad. Frankly speaking IELTS is just a test of your comprehension of the language and the way that one manages to communicate with others.

Dont mean to brag but i didnt even study and yet got a decent score---and frankly i dont really think one can study as this is not an exam with right and wrong answers....but i yet managed to get above 8 in all the bands but my wife who is a doctor only got a 7 band.

So i guess as she says ppl with absolutely no skills fare better in IELTS as that is God's way of compensating. Btw how is KFA? Has it managed to stabilise itself?Last that i heard that salaries for last 04 months are pending?Hope that has reduced atleast?

Warm Regards,

DS
Dear Sanyal,
KFA is still flying in turbulent weather and the salaries for 4 months are pending. The only hope left is fast approval of FDI. We really dont know how long VJM is going to keep his neck out. There is a market buff that he is going to offload some share in USL to save KFA.
I need to find some way to improve my IELTS score. Some guys have bettered the score after one or two attempts.
Iam also trying 457 route. This seems to be tough. Hope everything ends well.
Take care
Sajeev

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.