Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For some reason this site insists on labelling me as a 'newbie' even though I've been on here for 3.5 years! Never mind, probably time to say who I am and why I'm here. I'm a born Londoner, though my heritage and parents are Irish. Have always known the hustle and bustle of The Big Smoke was not for me, but have never, ever been able to make a permanent break away from my home town. After all kinds of tough personal stuff, I am now ready to just walk away and not look back. I am an English teacher and have worked and lived both in Italy (Puglia, 2005) and Spain (Huelva, 2012) so have some idea of what it's like to live elsewhere in Europe. That's all for now. Good to meet you.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Your member classification is based on the number of posts rather than how long you've been registered on the forum.

Good luck on your journey!
Good evening to you and thanks for that little nugget...I suspected that might be the case. And thank you for the good luck wishes too! Coming up to 1am here in London zzzzzzzzzz

·
Registered
66 Posts
For some reason this site insists on labelling me as a 'newbie' even though I've been on here for 3.5 years! Never mind, probably time to say who I am and why I'm here. I'm a born Londoner, though my heritage and parents are Irish. Have always known the hustle and bustle of The Big Smoke was not for me, but have never, ever been able to make a permanent break away from my home town. After all kinds of tough personal stuff, I am now ready to just walk away and not look back. I am an English teacher and have worked and lived both in Italy (Puglia, 2005) and Spain (Huelva, 2012) so have some idea of what it's like to live elsewhere in Europe. That's all for now. Good to meet you.
Hello Claire :),

Nice to know you :),
It would be great if you can share your experience as an expat there in Spain :).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello friend how are you. I am new here for getting new new updates in different topics..
And also interested in making friends..

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hello Claire :),

Nice to know you :),
It would be great if you can share your experience as an expat there in Spain :).
Hi Edward,

I lived in Spain, province of Huelva, for six months in 2012. I liked living there but I wish I had really made a go of it and not jumped on the plane back to London once my English teaching job had come to an end. i felt pretty lonely at times, living in a small town which at times felt quite claustrophobic. I do love the idea of living in Spain long term, but the only work I would be able to do is English teaching. It's an o.k. job but by its nature it feels quite insecure, and I did miss working 9-5 here in London, that is a big factor which is making me hesitate about going back to Spain. Are you in Spain? How do you find it?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Hi Edward,

I lived in Spain, province of Huelva, for six months in 2012. I liked living there but I wish I had really made a go of it and not jumped on the plane back to London once my English teaching job had come to an end. i felt pretty lonely at times, living in a small town which at times felt quite claustrophobic. I do love the idea of living in Spain long term, but the only work I would be able to do is English teaching. It's an o.k. job but by its nature it feels quite insecure, and I did miss working 9-5 here in London, that is a big factor which is making me hesitate about going back to Spain. Are you in Spain? How do you find it?
Sounds interesting,
I'm not in Spain, and I have never been there before,
but I'm planning to have a visit there this October,
what are your favorite places their in Spain by the way?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hello. I like Andalucia very much, I have visited the cities of Seville, Cordoba, Cadiz, Malaga and Granada. I love Seville for its hustle & bustle but Granada, which i visited for the first time over Easter this year, has something very special about it. I have also visited Barcelona. I would still like to go up to Valencia and also further north to Galicia and Basque Spain as I imagine it is different to the south. It's a great country full of colour and life, despite all its economic woes. One day I hope to live there again, and get the opportunity to travel its length and breath. Enjoy your trip, wherever you are going.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Hello. I like Andalucia very much, I have visited the cities of Seville, Cordoba, Cadiz, Malaga and Granada. I love Seville for its hustle & bustle but Granada, which i visited for the first time over Easter this year, has something very special about it. I have also visited Barcelona. I would still like to go up to Valencia and also further north to Galicia and Basque Spain as I imagine it is different to the south. It's a great country full of colour and life, despite all its economic woes. One day I hope to live there again, and get the opportunity to travel its length and breath. Enjoy your trip, wherever you are going.
Wow, thats cool, you really have a nice stay there in Spain,
my friends also said that Barcelona is the place I should not forget to visit, I think that place will be my first stop :).
Thank you for sharing your experience Claire :)
Have a fun day :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts