Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody I'm new to the forum, this is my first post....

I've just inherited a house in Normandy just outside Forges-les-Eaux, I'm not complaining and its a very long story....

However I've just realised that I've no idea what to do if I arrive at the house for the first time and have no services!

Any ideas... the house has been refurbished and is very beautiful, but it doesn't come with very much paperwork...

If you can offer any advice I would appreciate it, I've kind of started doing the research to find stuff out, but its kind of slow!

The forum looks great and I look forward to making lots of 'friends' and learning a lot...

Take care all...

·
Registered
671 Posts
Hi,
If you have inherited a house, you must have had dealings with a notaire. Why not go to discuss with him/her as a first step.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi - no haven't been in touch with a notaire, its all been handled by a solicitor in the uk, things are not quite completed yet... Thanks for the response...

·
Administrator
50,010 Posts
Easiest way to deal with this is to visit the property yourself and then go to the mairie in the town where the property is located. They should be able to tell you how to get utilities and services hooked up.
Cheers,
Bev

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.