Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi can somebody plz help..

We recently applied for a spouse visa in jamaica. I was under the impression that interviews weren't conducted again. If anybody had an interview recently or if anyone has any idea what these interviews are about or any idea what to expect plz plz advise as we are quite worried and would like to prepare

·
Registered
638 Posts
I didn't think they interviewed anymore either...

Has your husband/partner been asked to attend one?? They will probably enquire more about your relationship/circumstances. Not sure what questions exactly but they may just want clarity on a few things.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yh he has an interview coming up next week.. it has totally baffled me, and to be honest its worrying what to expect. we paid for priority service for the spouse visa also. so it is all happening quite quickly..
if anyone had any experience of interviews of late please advise!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi.

He was called in for an interview and to my surprise they called me at the same time on the phone. So they were interviewing both of us at the same time.

They asked basic questions for example name date of birth place of birth.

Where we first me.

Our first date.

Where and how did he propose.

Name of siblings.

Or favourite foods.

What we drink when we go out.

They basically asked alot of random questions. Once u and ur hubby know each other you will be fine.

After our interviews we received an email 4 hrs later letting us know that our documents were ready for collection.

It is an easy process. Just be calm and it will be a breeze.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Oh that's great news, but that's means they will be calling me at 5Am UK time!
So we're u on loud speaker or were u being interviewed by another person just at the sane time?

·
Registered
17 Posts
we were both interviewed at the same time. he had a separate interview to mines and we were interviewed by two different people.

as i spoke to the interviewer i said i wasn’t aware that they would call me, and she said we can call anybody at time if we see fit.

you guys wills be ok,...its quick and easy i was on the phone no longer that 20 mins.. he actually had an easier interview than i did.

he was asked less questions than i was.

just be prepared to answer anything, as they seem to throw odd question in the mix. like what is his favourite drink to drink when he goes out...
we were both interviewd at the same time. he had a seperate interview to mines and we were interviewd by two different people.

please let me know how u got through :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Thanks for coming back to me. Did they tell you they would make a decision that quickly? As I'm hoping to get my husband here for Christmas,

Plus there's no point him driving back home 2 hrs just to be told to come back and get his visa. I am hoping it's a good thing they are interviewing us at least they didn't just say no.

So is your husband here now?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i cant say how long it will take for them to ma ke a decision. the process can be inconvenient to say the least.
the good thing about them interviewing they told us if we wanted to add any extra documentation we were able to do that on the day. it is a blessing the interview and just not a direct no. I reckon the interview is when they have doubts and just want to clarify because the speed that they responded was way too quick.. when my husband rec'd his visa it was actually dated for a few days before the interview so i am not sure y they interview. Like i said they maybe would like to clarify a few things.

My husband is here now.. i didn’t waste any time on him coming after he rec'd the visa he was here 3 days later.

i wish you guys the best of luck

·
Registered
638 Posts
i cant say how long it will take for them to ma ke a decision. the process can be inconvenient to say the least.
the good thing about them interviewing they told us if we wanted to add any extra documentation we were able to do that on the day. it is a blessing the interview and just not a direct no. I reckon the interview is when they have doubts and just want to clarify because the speed that they responded was way too quick.. when my husband rec'd his visa it was actually dated for a few days before the interview so i am not sure y they interview. Like i said they maybe would like to clarify a few things.

My husband is here now.. i didn’t waste any time on him coming after he rec'd the visa he was here 3 days later.

i wish you guys the best of luck
They had already issued the visa when they interviewed? :confused::confused:
Jamaica BHC never fail to confuse me!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Ok interview done, they didn't call me Only did the face to face interview with my husband in Jamaica. Really odd questions like what's your wife's eye colour! We also handed in more phone logs showing us in contact with each other.

Just told us it would take a couple of days for the answer, they will text or call. But I told hubby to hang around Kingston till after 3pm just in case they email us today.

Keep all your fingers and toes crossed

·
Registered
15 Posts
@Cherryguy
I am quite surprise that they conducted an interview. Don't worry you'll be seeing your husband soon. The wait is dreadful I know the feeling. I have been waiting for ages. I hope everything goes well and all the best.

·
Registered
16 Posts
@Cherryguy
I am quite surprise that they conducted an interview. Don't worry you'll be seeing your husband soon. The wait is dreadful I know the feeling. I have been waiting for ages. I hope everything goes well and all the best.
How long have u been waiting? it took 10 weeks to get to the interview point. We couldn't apply for priority

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.