Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys, i've got my interview with the US embassy in London, i'm taking my 16 year old daughter with me, can someone please advise if both of us will be interviewed together or separate as she's petrified. I know how she feels because i feel really intimidated and scared as they will be determining our future. If anyone has been interviewed in London i would love to hear from you as to what its like. Regards!

·
Registered
6,370 Posts
Sharon your daughter is a big girl:>) You will probably be interviewed individually. No problem! There is no reason for her to freak out. Q&A - that is all.

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
Hi Guys, i've got my interview with the US embassy in London,
Answer the question but don't elaborate unless asked to is the best tactic. But that's easier said than done, especially with a child. And never tell porkies!

Question: Where did you meet?
Good answer: Majorca.
Bad answer: Well it was while since we'd been on holiday so I decided to blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah Coventry blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah our Sheila blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah as it were blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah and you know blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah Majorca etc.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks!! hehe

Answer the question but don't elaborate unless asked to is the best tactic. But that's easier said than done, especially with a child. And never tell porkies!

Question: Where did you meet?
Good answer: Majorca.
Bad answer: Well it was while since we'd been on holiday so I decided to blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah Coventry blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah our Sheila blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah as it were blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah and you know blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah Majorca etc.

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
Thanks!! hehe
I'll put on my American hat and say, "You're welcome!"

For most it's a non-event. For a few, they get a grilling. But even with a grilling, the outcome can still be good.

Just answer the questions shortly and truthfully, and don't worry about what the interviewer is thinking or what their agenda is. And if you don't understand the question, ask them to clarify it rather than just guessing what they want.

Good luck! Let us know how it went.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks once again...i'll definitely let you all know what happens.

I'll put on my American hat and say, "You're welcome!"

For most it's a non-event. For a few, they get a grilling. But even with a grilling, the outcome can still be good.

Just answer the questions shortly and truthfully, and don't worry about what the interviewer is thinking or what their agenda is. And if you don't understand the question, ask them to clarify it rather than just guessing what they want.

Good luck! Let us know how it went.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts