Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone help,please.
My wife and I are considering retiring to Cyprus. we are wondering how much it costs to provide an enterpreter when we need to visit the doctor ?
Our friends living in Spain are always complaining about this. over there it costs approx. 60euros each visit we are not being mean -simply honing the budget,
Any help would be appreciated
Many thanks

·
Super Moderator
12,544 Posts
Can anyone help,please.
My wife and I are considering retiring to Cyprus. we are wondering how much it costs to provide an enterpreter when we need to visit the doctor ?
Our friends living in Spain are always complaining about this. over there it costs approx. 60euros each visit we are not being mean -simply honing the budget,
Any help would be appreciated
Many thanks
You wont need an interpreter.
The docotrs all speak excellent english.

·
Super Moderator
12,544 Posts
Hi Veronica, Thank you very much for such a speedy response.
This is great news and may well make our final decision that much easier.
Many thanks.
You're welcome. In 5 years we have never had a problem with needing interpreters for anything because in every business, office or similar there is always someone who speaks good english. I have never heard of anyone having to pay interpreters for anything.

Veronica

·
Registered
307 Posts
You should never sign a document in Greek without getting it translated, or officially interpreted, or have a good friend translate. Too many things can go wrong, especially when applying for a loan etc.

·
Super Moderator
12,544 Posts
You should never sign a document in Greek without getting it translated, or officially interpreted, or have a good friend translate. Too many things can go wrong, especially when applying for a loan etc.
I think that goes without saying Toxan. But the original poster was enquiring about the cost of an interpreter when going to the doctor which as I am sure you know is absolutely not necessary.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts