Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone applied for the services of The Interpol Police ,from the UAE ?
In regards to 'Bad Cheques' ,where an Indian Citizen has issued post-dated cheques ,duped for a huge amount of money and ran off back to India before the date of the cheque ....... !! :plane:

Concerning the above ,does anybody has experience about Interpol procedures or the best solution to retrieve the amount .......... To start off , Does India & U.A.E. have Interpol Agreements ??? :rolleyes:

·
Banned
423 Posts
Interesting question...

Yes they both do have agreements but you as an individual can't contact them directly, the UAE Police needs to request a "Red Flag" for the debtor, there is obviously a cost involved in this and it may be better to hire someone in India to get the money off them directly.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Interesting question...

Yes they both do have agreements but you as an individual can't contact them directly, the UAE Police needs to request a "Red Flag" for the debtor, there is obviously a cost involved in this and it may be better to hire someone in India to get the money off them directly.
I know people in India ..... that's not an issue ..
But the law over there has loopholes ........ So def. better to start off in U.A.E. !

·
Banned
423 Posts
I know people in India ..... that's not an issue ..
But the law over there has loopholes ........ So def. better to start off in U.A.E. !
In that case I hope you know someone with plenty of wasta, there are 83 people listed as wanted by UAE on Interpol's list, and I understand UAE put's out more alerts to interpol than any other state (stand to be corrected on that).

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Don't know anyone with loads of wasta !! :-(

·
Banned
423 Posts
Don't know anyone with loads of wasta !! :-(
Well I can't see you getting anywhere other than walking into the police station and filing a case (which you've probably done). The police can't be bothered at the best of times, it's too much hassle for them.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You're right ...... And I've already filed a case ....... And the debtor ,I guess ,is smart enough to never step foot in U.A.E. !!

·
Banned
423 Posts
How much does he owe you? I'd "sell" the debt for 25% of the value to someone who could get it out of them ;), that way you've gained something, let's face it, you're never going to get the cash back are you, so something's better than nothing.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That's a good idea which I may go for ....... :confused: :heh:

·
Registered
281 Posts
That's a good idea which I may go for ....... :confused: :heh:
The Chamber of Commerce has been advertising their debt recovery operation (which actually I think is subcontracted/a front for) COFACE through their business support services (Dubai Chamber - LEGAL SERVICES). I've never used that particular service myself so I can't vouch for them, however when we dealt with the DCCI through the business council I was quite impressed with their dedication, organisation and committment to foreign trade.

I seem to remember that this was a fee based service rather than 'buying' the debt. Couldn't do any harm to ask I guess.

Good luck, I really hope you get your money back. People running off leaving debts behind damage all of us.

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Well, now that Osama Bin Laden and Carlos the Jackal are dealt with, I am sure that Interpol would be only to happy to use their resources to chase money for someone

Reactions: Jynxgirl
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.