Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Two questions I have which I have read conflicting views on before our move this year:
1) Is the water drinkable or is it like Spanish Water where 10 immodiums is needed after one mouthful. The times Ive visited I never chanced it as I never knew?
2) The internet package Cytanet state on their website its around 30 euros a month for a decent net package but users have said its around 80 euros per month. Which one is true?
Cheers. Mike.

·
Super Moderator
12,544 Posts
Two questions I have which I have read conflicting views on before our move this year:
1) Is the water drinkable or is it like Spanish Water where 10 immodiums is needed after one mouthful. The times Ive visited I never chanced it as I never knew?
2) The internet package Cytanet state on their website its around 30 euros a month for a decent net package but users have said its around 80 euros per month. Which one is true?
Cheers. Mike.
The water from the mains taps is drinkable. It is the water from the overhead tanks that can get bacteria growing in it as it is on the roof in the hot sun. However most homes have a drinking water tap.

We pay about 70-80 euros a month for our telephone and internet but this includes staniding charges for the phone line, internet and all of our landline phone calls. We make a lot of calls abroad with our business so we do not think this is expensive.

Veronica

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The water from the mains taps is drinkable. It is the water from the overhead tanks that can get bacteria growing in it as it is on the roof in the hot sun. However most homes have a drinking water tap.

We pay about 70-80 euros a month for our telephone and internet but this includes staniding charges for the phone line, internet and all of our landline phone calls. We make a lot of calls abroad with our business so we do not think this is expensive.

Veronica
Thanks for that. So its around 30 euros per month for the actual internet so thats fine. Cheers. Do you get good internet connection in the villages around Paphos where lots of expats live. This is where we aim to end up buying buy internet is essential for us,

·
Registered
53 Posts
We have home 1000 with cyta it works out at just over 50 euro per month for the internet and phone before calls a tip if you are calling over seas dial 1018 before the number and a call to the uk is about 1 cent a minute (every little helps)

The water is fine but you will find you will want a water cooler for the summer as it comes out of the pipes warm! a cooler is about 100 euro and a refill (18.9 litre) is 3 euro

·
Registered
440 Posts
Thanks for that Miles and Sue

How long once you arrive in Cyprus does it take them to put in internet etc as we will need it immediately

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
12,544 Posts
Would that be for wi fi Veronica ?
No it is for fixed broadband connection.
If the area you live in has broadband it will take a week or so to be connected. Most of the villages close to paphos now have broadband and for those that are more remote there are systems where you can get in via sattelite etc.

Veornica

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.