Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there.

What and who would be my best bet for fixed and/or mobile Internet in Peyia? I imagine I would need a fixed connection as well as a data sim that I would use via a WiFi hotspot device that I have. For the data sim, I would probably need around 15GB of data per month. Do fixed line connections offer unlimited data?

Thanks,

Bob.

·
Banned
1,576 Posts
Hi there.

What and who would be my best bet for fixed and/or mobile Internet in Peyia? I imagine I would need a fixed connection as well as a data sim that I would use via a WiFi hotspot device that I have. For the data sim, I would probably need around 15GB of data per month. Do fixed line connections offer unlimited data?

Thanks,

Bob.
Fixed line is unlimited, mobile limited.

Look at MTN, Primetel. They have good offers

·
Banned
1,576 Posts
Is the landline Internet / mobile Internet stable there?
The landline internet is quite ok, even if it is not the speeds we were used to in Germany.

Mobile internet they say is not very good, even if they now launch 4G in the cities. Here is also a lot of wifi providers, you cant get landlines in some places. We have that in Pissouri and it works well

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The landline internet is quite ok, even if it is not the speeds we were used to in Germany.

Mobile internet they say is not very good, even if they now launch 4G in the cities. Here is also a lot of wifi providers, you cant get landlines in some places. We have that in Pissouri and it works well

I like the look of Broadband in a Box by MTN. Have you ever used it? Also, any reason for not suggesting Cyta - are they rubbish?

Thanks,

Bob.

·
Registered
976 Posts
...Also, any reason for not suggesting Cyta - are they rubbish?

Bob.
No, they're not rubbish. We have Cyta broadband and the service is excellent. I suppose that they are the Ctprus equivalent of BT - not the cheapest, but a good product and good service.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts