Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
I'm sure I have said it before but I'd steer clear of satellite unless it is the absolute only option you can get.
The company we are with claims those sort of speeds but in reality the best we had was 4MB down and .25 up. Since upgrading to more data the speed has dropped again. I doubt you will get 20MB or anywhere close to that.
Plus it's useless on skype.

However that link says they offer wimax which if you are covered then go for it, 2MB is still enough to watch videos and streams so if you can get 4 or more then it should be fine.
We will be having the guy around to test for wimax and install it if possible soon even if that means paying two contracts off.

·
Registered
4,037 Posts
We use wi-max .we pay for 4mmb & usually it is always around 4 down & 6-700 up.
Occasionally it is 4 & 4 .We have no limits whatsoever. Works perfectly with anything. You can obtain up to 32mb with the company i'm with but they don't cover the area where you are.

P.S.
It costs 25€+iva/month

·
Registered
915 Posts
The more rural you are, and it will be regional, the less likely you will be to receive a strong enough signal for IPTV. I get 2 meg which occasionally the reception drops right off. My neighbour has a stronger server to me, but he can't receive a strong enough signal for IPTV.
I'm going to wait and see what happens after the Tv switch off. IPTV may work in some areas. I have no intention of paying for something that may not work well in my area. My family live in Marbella and have fast Internet connection, whereas we live way out and have a slow connection. I'm not going to worry in advance. It's wait and see for us.

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
We use Broadband 4 Spain - 8 - 10 mbps down and 1 mbps up. No data limits €29.99 a month.

Reactions: t.w.h

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Where abouts are you??

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
I don't think they are that far along the coast yet :( but they are expanding. Go to their website I think it has a coverage map somewhere...

·
Registered
57 Posts
I don't think they are that far along the coast yet :( but they are expanding. Go to their website I think it has a coverage map somewhere...
We use Broadband 4 Spain - 8 - 10 mbps down and 1 mbps up. No data limits €29.99 a month.
I'm thinking about going with this company when we move to Spain in a couple of weeks. How do you find the service?
I believe they are situated in Algorrobo?
At the moment there is Andanetworks installed but not switched on. I was thinking of getting BB4S installed and just leaving the other equipment where it is.

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
BB4S is just around the corner from Lidl supermarket. Far better than the other company you mention, imo... but then, in the end, you have to go with who gives you coverage...

·
Registered
57 Posts
BB4S is just around the corner from Lidl supermarket. Far better than the other company you mention, imo... but then, in the end, you have to go with who gives you coverage...
They said they have coverage where we are going to live which is near La Vinuela.

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
I don't know them but a quick look at their web page tells me to beware... They don't give prices or speeds which I always find odd.... I think they use the same technology as BB4S...

·
Registered
57 Posts
I don't know them but a quick look at their web page tells me to beware... They don't give prices or speeds which I always find odd.... I think they use the same technology as BB4S...
Ive just spoke to them and they were honest when they said they couldn't compete with BB4S so hopefully I'll be going with them. Thanks for the help.
Tom.

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Yes I just noticed their email address which shows they are part of iberbanda and they generally have a top speed of around 1 mbps at around €60 per month

·
Registered
915 Posts
Yes I just noticed their email address which shows they are part of iberbanda and they generally have a top speed of around 1 mbps at around €60 per month
I'm with Iberbanda and I pay less than €50 a month, never been €60. Internet is as good as anyone else in our area. There are a few other companies, but in our area they are no better than Iberbanda.

In rural areas it can be hit and miss wherever you are. I'm not far from you, but there are a couple of large mountains between us.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I have checked with them and they do not cover my area, which is a shame as they appear to do everything I want. I like the idea of dual IP address and UK and Spanish phone number. I wish I could find something similar in my area for that price, everything I find coming close is over 80 euro pm!

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I'm with Iberbanda and I pay less than €50 a month, never been €60. Interhtm
is as good as anyone else in our area. There are a few other companies, but in our area they are no better than Iberbanda.

In rural areas it can be hit and miss wherever you are. I'm not far from you, but there are a couple of large mountains between us.
I am very confused by the pricing on their website Iberbanda in English Pricing - Wireless Broadband Internet & Phone in Spain without a landline
It says 39.28 + iva for 3M including phone line and router and free installation, sounds too good to be true! Then it says further down between 48.90 and 57.90 + iva for 2M?

And what is AVI, AVI plus, AVI pack, and AVI pack plus? Mega confused :confused2:

3M would be good for me, not sure about 2M, what do you get for your 50 euro?

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
chris&vicky;1995641Internet & Phone in Spain without a landline[/url said:
And what is AVI, AVI plus, AVI pack, and AVI pack plus?
I have found the answer to this now but also notice it says guarantee 10% of Max, only 10% of 3M???

1 - 20 of 44 Posts