Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
15,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm off to England this afternoon, for ten days, and I'm not taking my laptop. There's no wifi where I¡m staying. I've ditched my 3G phone in favour of one that just does calls and texts. I'll be totally "off the grid", reading real newspapers and talking face to face with real people.

Can I wean myself off the Expat Forum by going cold turkey, I wonder? Will I wake up at 2 am in a cold sweat with my fingers twitching? How will I know what everyone's doing without Facebook updates? Or will I be sneaking off to a cybercafe when nobody's watching?

:ranger:

·
Registered
388 Posts
I'm off to England this afternoon, for ten days, and I'm not taking my laptop. There's no wifi where I¡m staying. I've ditched my 3G phone in favour of one that just does calls and texts. I'll be totally "off the grid", reading real newspapers and talking face to face with real people.

Can I wean myself off the Expat Forum by going cold turkey, I wonder? Will I wake up at 2 am in a cold sweat with my fingers twitching? How will I know what everyone's doing without Facebook updates? Or will I be sneaking off to a cybercafe when nobody's watching?

I am so truely sorry :( Nobody should have to go through that!:ranger:

·
Registered
19,456 Posts

It's what I tend to do when I go away too, and think it's a good idea, although in my case it's only the forum. If I had Facebook and twitter and the whole cyber range I really would never get off my a*s*!

·
Registered
1,037 Posts

I have just returned from a six week stay in the UK and while I was away I posted on here twice at the most.
But now I am completely out of date on all the discussions! :confused:

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Well I missed all this so it's far too late to say have a good trip everyone but I'll say it anyway, have a good trip everyone. Those of us left behind to soak up the sun you will be missing will try and keep Spain nice and tidy for you.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.