Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, can anyone tell me what the best way of getting internet and mobile use for UK visitor? I will be visiting again this summer for about a month and want internet and cheap mobile, if possible? Thanks for reading.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Check avea.com.tr. I see that it costs 49 liras to get 600 minutes, 1000 sms and 3 gb internet.

In touristic areas you will find someone to help you (or get it at the airport?)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks again, just read conflicting reports on uk phone being blocked, some say after 1 week, some say after 2 and some saying 60 days, do you happen to know if this will happen, if I use a Turkish sim in my uk phone? I intend getting to Bodrum in a week and will be there for 4 weeks, so a little concerned, about having my phone blocked.

·
Registered
83 Posts
So does that mean you can use the sim again, for another visit or is the 60 days all you get on that sim?
Basically the answer is NO, however, it's not so much the SIM that is blocked but the IEMI number from your phone that is blocked and it's that which you would need to pay and get unlocked at a future date.

I don't know how much they cost, but apparently other people advice just buying a 'cheap' Turkish phone because they do not require registering, maybe the shop would buy it back later, as it's only the SIM they would lose and they do not cost much.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts