Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm brand new to this group I'm feeling overwhelmed at the prospect of moving so far away. We are originally from the US (east coast) and currently live in Europe.
My husband has a job opportunity in Sydney and we have two young children.
Any insight into International schools? I'm concerned with how exactly it works switching from a Sept start date at school to whatever it is in the southern hemisphere.
Thanks for any guidance you can provide on schools.

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
Hi there,

Welcome to the forum.

I've googled these International schools.

Welcome to AIS The International School - Sydney, Australia

International Grammar School, Sydney, provides quality teaching for preschool, primary and high school students

There's also meridianschool.com.au but their website appears to be down at the moment.

If your move to Sydney is going to be for a few years or even permanent then personally I'd suggest enrolling them into an State school. Any reason why you are interested in an International school?

Here's the NSW education website: https://www.det.nsw.edu.au/

There's also this link that you may find interesting Study in Australia - NSW Government Schools - Your unique Australian study experience

The school year starts in February and ends in December. We moved over in the month of October so our boys (13 and 15 at the time) attended school for those last few weeks and then moved up with their classmates to their new year in the following February. It will all depend on when during the year your children are enrolled.

Any more questions, please just ask away.

Dolly

1 - 2 of 2 Posts