Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

We will be moving from Surrey to Madrid in 3 months time. Can anyone recommend a decent and trustworthy removal company to move an entire household?

My partner is Spanish so language at either end isn't a problem.

Would be keen to hear other peoples experiences!

Many Thanks,
Hanna

·
Registered
17,566 Posts
Hi All,

We will be moving from Surrey to Madrid in 3 months time. Can anyone recommend a decent and trustworthy removal company to move an entire household?

My partner is Spanish so language at either end isn't a problem.

Would be keen to hear other peoples experiences!

Many Thanks,
Hanna
A few of us have used self-drive vans. For us doing two round trips was cheaper than a removal company by about £1,000. OK we had to do the driving but we made the journeys a part of the new adventure.

·
Registered
22,341 Posts
A few of us have used self-drive vans. For us doing two round trips was cheaper than a removal company by about £1,000. OK we had to do the driving but we made the journeys a part of the new adventure.
But presumably you did your own packing and loading/unloading of furniture, white goods etc?
Not everyone can or wants to do that...
I'm certainly past it.

·
Registered
17,566 Posts
But presumably you did your own packing and loading/unloading of furniture, white goods etc?
Not everyone can or wants to do that...
I'm certainly past it.
You're still a rich youngster, so less of it!

In any case I didn't say she/he had to do that, just offering another option that others have used. Much depends on the size of one's budget and how much needs to be moved.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts