Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are relocating from NZ to the UK and are trying to find a good moving company. Have heard some terrible things about Crown, and were not impressed with Pickfords. Everything we own will be in their care! Any recommendations would be great! Thank you.

·
Registered
31 Posts
We are relocating from NZ to the UK and are trying to find a good moving company. Have heard some terrible things about Crown, and were not impressed with Pickfords. Everything we own will be in their care! Any recommendations would be great! Thank you.
Hi, I work in Shipping and used to work for Toll Transport. Google Freight Forwarders. Mondiale are a good company. I looked into a couple including Crown but havent organised anything as the cost is not worth what I own.. Email a few and ask for quotes etc :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi, thanks for answering. Yes I have had them all out, and had Crown booked as they promised to use their own people from one end to the other. However someone I know moved earlier in the year and has had so many problems, including a lot of damage and breakages, so we are very anxious about using them now. I will google Freight Forwarders and as suggested :) Thank you.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Make sure you get reasonable insurance to cover costs. Its not uncommon for containers to go overboard on vessels (though this is not often advertised for good reason! lol). The person you know had issues with Crown but there's probably a lot of people who havent. All you can do is look at the best prices and service and have decent insurance cover. I do Maintenance and Repair for containers and there are always a lot of container damages. They are pretty sturdy but cargo damage is also not uncommon. Anything super super valuable take on the plane with you or leave behind with someone you trust or take the chance. Thats about all the advise I can offer. There's no guarantees with moving possessions half way across the world :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.