Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I apologise in advance if this post is in the wrong place or even in the wrong place entirely but I'm at a loss and a friend of mine recommended this place to me after having used it themselves over the years.

My issue is a divorce i was / is married to an american , we married in early 2015 but the long distance eventually took its toll and we split few months later. I signed the divorce papers and he filed them in early jan 2017 and i have heard nothing since. I only have an email address for him which he dont reply too. I remember him sending me proof he had filed the divorce wit the case number but i somehow have mislaid that information and now i got no idea whom to contact or where to find out when my divorce went though. I cant change my name back with bank etc without this divorce paper. My questions are , i assume the court house would not send me the divorce paper as i live overseas? i rang the place where we married but that's not where he filed the divorce so they could not help me so who else can? We had a simplified divorce as no children no equity between us . Surely my divorce went through months ago?

·
Super Moderator
18,073 Posts
Everyone volunteers their time here so you need to be patient. You only asked your question a few hours ago.

You might also want to ask your question on the US forum.

Where was he living? That's likely where the papers were filed and that's where you need to check.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.