Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello! I'm an American who is long-distance dating a British person and we both only have contract jobs at the moment in our respective countries. We are just looking for what our options are (besides marriage) to be able to live in the same country again, as it looks like his current contractor will not give him a full-time job and let him move to the US.

Anyone have pointers on what might be a good option to reunite us in the same country for some time?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Hello! I'm an American who is long-distance dating a British person and we both only have contract jobs at the moment in our respective countries. We are just looking for what our options are (besides marriage) to be able to live in the same country again, as it looks like his current contractor will not give him a full-time job and let him move to the US.

Anyone have pointers on what might be a good option to reunite us in the same country for some time?

Thanks in advance.
Uhhh. Well. Since you have jobs it's tricky. With me I'm not employed, so I didn't have issue. You can visit him for up to a certain amount of time in the UK on just a visit visa if you're from the US.

I feel like I've lived with my future husband already because I've been there for many weeks at a time, even months once. (Never overstay though, that'll ruin your chances for a visa later on).

Thats the only thing I can think of.
They're making it harder for work visas, and ancestry is kinda the same amount of work as marriage visa in my opinion.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Unless one of you is willing to forego the job, it's going to be pretty tough. Getting married is one of the best options if you're ready for the commitment to each other. Best of luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.