Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

1. I have a French Visitors Visa(Long Stay-traveling for 2 years);
2. I am pregnant (a US citizen) and will be giving birth in Geneva, but living nearby in France.

Question: Which country do I have to register the birth in;
a. Switzerland,
b. France,
c. Both?
What are your sources?

Yes, I will be registering and obtaining a passport for my baby with the US... I just need to know about the other 2 countries.

So far my understanding is that you register the child where it is born, but because my husband and I are Carte de Séjour holders in France, do we also need to register with France?

Bonus question:
Do we need to get a long stay visitor Visa for our infant?

Thank you so much in advance for taking the time to answer my question!
1 - 1 of 1 Posts