Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all,

I have a question about internal job changes, if in the middle of applying for your spouse application you change your position internally to a higher post, will this affect the application process? And will I need to wait for a period of another 6months within the new role to apply? Even though its in the same department, same company but different team and higher paid post? and the same if it was external? to a different company/ post?

Please advise?

Many thanks,

·
Registered
5,558 Posts
No to the second question, my husband changed roles in his company about two weeks before my application and it wasn't an issue since the employer was the same. We just submitted a letter of pay rise and role change with the supporting docs.

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
Provided you don't change your employer, you are fine. When working out how to meet the financial requirement, under Cat A you submit the income based on your pre-increase pay, then annualised. So just ignore your new, higher pay and use your former pay level. This is for salaried job. For unsalaried job, such as hourly-paid, you take an average over 6 months, so you can use your increased pay in part.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.