Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Certainly one perspective on life in Aus an in Perth. I don't agree with some of his points probably due to my own different point of reference, experiences and age.

In my opinion there are far less rules and regulations, in Australia then there are in the UK, but therewill be more than there are in other countries. Having dealt in the past with the bureaucracy in the UK and India i can tell you that there is far less of this in Aus.

I strongly disagree that the education system is broken it may not give the author what he needs but as a parent, with three children in education one at Univ in the UK and two at school in Aus, I believe that the Aus systems is far better for my children and is of a higher standard than that my children were getting in UK.

Does Perth limit people professional growth? I think the same criticism could be leveled at any non-capital city or urban metropolis. e.g If you are in the UK to be at the top of your field you're expected to be in London. In the US it's New York, LAetc. In Australia it's Sydney or Melbourne. To me this is no longer as important as quality of life and balance for me and my family that said Wa is the top place to be in Aus for mining and engineering.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.