Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone

This is my first post on this forum, so sorry if i am repeating the same questions which other users have posted

I am interested in moving to Australia, however reading up on the different visa types i am un-sure whether i would be a suitable candidate.

From what i gather you need to meet certain point’s criteria and also match/meet skilled job set to be considered to emigrate. If i don’t met one of these criteria’s e.g. job criteria, is there an alternative way to be considered for immigration?

I am 25 single and currently working in the merchant acquiring sector as an analyst.
I have a BA Hons in Business administration, and college qualification in ICT networking.

I currently have my aunty and second cousins living in Perth (not sure if family members, help the cause or not, but just thought id mention it just encase)

looking forward to your response
Any information is valuable information

Regards

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
welcome to this wonderful forum...:)
I am sure that you are gonna get answers to all your queries ....
First of all you need to decide if you are gonna move on a Permanent visa or a temporary work visa..
did you have a look at the points table to determine if you are able to get 65 points?

FYI : The rules are changing from 1st July 2012.Its gonna get a tad bit tougher ...

From what i gather you need to meet certain point’s criteria and also match/meet skilled job set to be considered to emigrate. If i don’t met one of these criteria’s e.g. job criteria, is there an alternative way to be considered for immigration?
Unfortunately there is no other way to immigrate to Australia....the reason being that you will need to demonstrate that you are gonna add to australia's economy by means of working there (and giving the Taxes as well ;))....

If your relatives can sponsor you then you get 5/10 extra points....
also, since you are from UK, you need not even give IELTS....

VISA OPTIONS

Hello Everyone

This is my first post on this forum, so sorry if i am repeating the same questions which other users have posted

I am interested in moving to Australia, however reading up on the different visa types i am un-sure whether i would be a suitable candidate.

I am 25 single and currently working in the merchant acquiring sector as an analyst.
I have a BA Hons in Business administration, and college qualification in ICT networking.

I currently have my aunty and second cousins living in Perth (not sure if family members, help the cause or not, but just thought id mention it just encase)

looking forward to your response
Any information is valuable information

Regards

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dear Lifeisgood

thank you for your swift response

I have looked on the visa website billions of times, but every time i think i am progressing i seem to end up in the same place

I would like to move to Australia on a permanent basis, But i would also consider a temporary basis if this enables me to permanent citizen at a later date

My understanding is that the sols list is based on occupations. Does your job title need to reflect the occupation title?
I only ask as i am currently a financial analyst, but i am hoping to move into a Business analyst role. I Can see on the sols list that there is a ICT business analyst, Would i be able to apply for this particular role ? Even though the titles are not the same ?

Sorry for such a dumb question, but I can’t find any information anywhere on this particular forum relating to this

Looking forward to your response

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
did you click on the VISA OPTIONS (in red in my earlier post) ?
Being an IT professional, you will probably need to get your skills assessment from ACT (not too sure)...
Click on the link below to determine your occupation :
Australian Skills Recognition Information (ASRI)

I have attached a pdf file and if your occupation is in this list then you can move to the next step of getting the assessment...

Getting a state sponsorship will give you extra 5 points and the biggest advantage is that the processing time is just 4-6 weeks...:)

Dear Lifeisgood

I have looked on the visa website billions of times, but every time i think i am progressing i seem to end up in the same place

I would like to move to Australia on a permanent basis, But i would also consider a temporary basis if this enables me to permanent citizen at a later date

My understanding is that the sols list is based on occupations. Does your job title need to reflect the occupation title?
I only ask as i am currently a financial analyst, but i am hoping to move into a Business analyst role. I Can see on the sols list that there is a ICT business analyst, Would i be able to apply for this particular role ? Even though the titles are not the same ?

Sorry for such a dumb question, but I can’t find any information anywhere on this particular forum relating to this

Looking forward to your response

Attachments

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dear Lifeisgood

Looking onto the sols list i would probably fit under the occupation as “Organisation and Methods Analyst” However i would need a clear outline of what they class this role as. Eg job description . But i am not to sure .

I have looked under the visa types and i seen the different requirements. My main problem is defining what occupation i fall in. What occupation do you think i would fit in with my job description below ?

My current job description

key responsibilities at my position are as follows

Card scheme /treasury Reporting
Preparation of various card scheme report on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
Running of sanction checking as required

Channel p&Ls
Preparation of third party Mi input into FDMS analysis cube

Sales Achievement bonuses
Calculation of quarterly non repeat bonuses
calculation of annual repeatable bonuses

relationship team reporting
support the relationship team by producing their monthly mi pack
provide reporting to indentify merchant moving from sales to the relationship team
provide outlet level customised reporting as required

rate reviews
prepare rate reviews summaries as requested
project support
provide data for revenue enhancing projects
Ad hoc reporting
development of reports based on specific user requirements
Partner Reporting backup
act as backup for third party mi Business analyst

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
wow your occupation has a job description of ONE line only..thats aswesome:):)

Organisation And Methods Analyst - 224712

1220.0 - ANZSCO - Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations, First Edition, Revision 1

I got my skills assessment done by Engineers Australia so dont have an iota of idea if your skills match to the given occupation or not...
but I am sure someone on this forum will advice you on this....

Dear Lifeisgood

Looking onto the sols list i would probably fit under the occupation as “Organisation and Methods Analyst” However i would need a clear outline of what they class this role as. Eg job description . But i am not to sure .

I have looked under the visa types and i seen the different requirements. My main problem is defining what occupation i fall in. What occupation do you think i would fit in with my job description below ?

My current job description

key responsibilities at my position are as follows

Card scheme /treasury Reporting
Preparation of various card scheme report on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
Running of sanction checking as required

Channel p&Ls
Preparation of third party Mi input into FDMS analysis cube

Sales Achievement bonuses
Calculation of quarterly non repeat bonuses
calculation of annual repeatable bonuses

relationship team reporting
support the relationship team by producing their monthly mi pack
provide reporting to indentify merchant moving from sales to the relationship team
provide outlet level customised reporting as required

rate reviews
prepare rate reviews summaries as requested
project support
provide data for revenue enhancing projects
Ad hoc reporting
development of reports based on specific user requirements
Partner Reporting backup
act as backup for third party mi Business analyst

·
Banned
934 Posts
You too skilled to work in Australia I'm afraid. There is a f**k all work in your sector and no one would touch you without an LLB from a top university. The job market in Australia is far more competitive than the UK and the High end.

·
Banned
934 Posts
Hi weebie

How do you mean i am too skilled ? Also do you llb, as in the law course ? Isnt there many MI jobs avaiable in aus then ?
Yes.

There is work in Sydney, but nothing like London, inface most Australians in that sector would be working in London or Singapore.

G

·
Dont listen to Weebie he/she appears pretty much down on everyone who wants to move to Australia and tries everything to put them off!

·
Banned
934 Posts
I provide realistic advice. Australia migration is all about filling shortages for the jobs that locals won't do. It's a completely different situation for people in high end roles such as acquisitions, merchant banking etc, where little opportunity exists and competition is high. That's why there is no specific visa for occupations at that level because no one is required to come in.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
lol. Shel.
Do you have any say on this ? Do you think my skills/job spec = that on a sol/requirment list ?

G

·
I provide realistic advice. Australia migration is all about filling shortages for the jobs that locals won't do. It's a completely different situation for people in high end roles such as acquisitions, merchant banking etc, where little opportunity exists and competition is high. That's why there is no specific visa for occupations at that level because no one is required to come in.

But there is a specific visa, its called employer sponsorship.

As you have already said in your previous post "most Australians in that sector would be working in London or Singapore" Which is what creates the skills gap in Australia when those Australians leaving university skilled to undertake such work move overseas.

masond, I couldnt really say where you fit, I haven't really read through all of the ANZSCO descriptions and know nothing about banking other than its where I get my wages paid!

But you might be good to search for jobs and see if you can find sponsorship, look on SEEK - Australia's no. 1 jobs, employment, career and recruitment site and professional sites that may advertise jobs.

So weebie how about you, your profile claims you are in Singapore?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
hi shel , sorry to ask you de-meaning questions. but if i looked on seek, would i need to look for 407 sponsorship ?

G

·
You'd be looking for 457 or 121. But most of the ad's wont specify if they will sponsor you will need to either apply and sell your skills then mention sponsorship. Or target potential employers with an unadvertised job application.

Looking on there just gives an idea of what jobs there are in your field, where they are and how much they will pay. Gives you a better understanding of demand and if employers will be likely to sponsor or if you could get work if you applied independently.

Employer Nomination Scheme (Subclass 121/856)

Temporary Business (Long Stay) - Standard Business Sponsorship (Subclass 457)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hello

just a quick question, does your current job title need to match the occupation title list on the sols list for you to be consider to apply for a visa ? Or does your skills need to fall under that occupation category ?

many thanks

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hmm, it doesnt look like il be going to aus any time soon then. i have browsed thats sols list and unfort what i do job wise, dont meet any of the criteria

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.