Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm Marjo from Finland. I just created a new group in Facebook, called International Dog Walkers (Las Palmas de Gran Canaria). I walk my two american hairless terriers around Santa Catalina / Canteras area daily and I wonder if there are any expats interested in walking dogs together every once in a while. It would be nice to be able to have proper conversations with other dog owners but due to my limited Spanish I mostly find myself just answering questions ”machos o hembras?" (2 hembras), ”que raza es” (Terier Americano sin pelo) and finishing the conversation with ”No entiendo”. Please join the group if you are interested in relaxed dog walks around Las Palmas or occasionally having a chat at one of Las Palmas dog parks. In addition to myself I'd be happy to see also other dog owners from different countries find companion for dog walks around this wonderful, dog friendly city.

·
Registered
19,452 Posts
Hi, I'm Marjo from Finland. I just created a new group in Facebook, called International Dog Walkers (Las Palmas de Gran Canaria). I walk my two american hairless terriers around Santa Catalina / Canteras area daily and I wonder if there are any expats interested in walking dogs together every once in a while. It would be nice to be able to have proper conversations with other dog owners but due to my limited Spanish I mostly find myself just answering questions ”machos o hembras?" (2 hembras), ”que raza es” (Terier Americano sin pelo) and finishing the conversation with ”No entiendo”. Please join the group if you are interested in relaxed dog walks around Las Palmas or occasionally having a chat at one of Las Palmas dog parks. In addition to myself I'd be happy to see also other dog owners from different countries find companion for dog walks around this wonderful, dog friendly city.
Nice idea. I'd join, but I'm in Madrid!

Actually, come to think of it, I am already part of an International Dog Walkers group without realising it. On Saturday I've arranged for a meet up of 3 Spaniards, an American, A Ukranian and me - English, and our link is dog walking. Duh :doh:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts