Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I have a background in Reiki, counselling & kids yoga, and would like to offer further healing therapies such as crystal, angel, and EFT. It's easy to find courses in the UK for which I can get insurance, I know in France they tend to demand more professional qualifications for the same things. Does anyone know of insurance companies who would insure me for public liability or point me in the right direction? And also for professional membership? Thank you.

·
Administrator
51,953 Posts
For any sort of public business that involves health or personal care you require liability insurance at a minimum. Basically, you just talk to an insurance agency and ask about professional coverage.

You would need to establish a business entity in France - probably the best place to go for information would be the Chambre de commerce for the departement you're planning on setting up business in.
Cheers,
Bev

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Bev. In the UK insurance companies don't insure everyone, it depends where, what, and how long you have studied for example I could do a fitness qualification with 3 providers but only 2 would fulfil an insurance company's criteria for liability. I feel certain that they would be more strict in France so I want to make sure I choose the right course so I can get insured in France after. My friend was a swimming instructor in the states but is unable to work using her certification in France. She's a wedding coordinator now! Thanks for your input, I will ask around next month when I'm there.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.