Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I would like to understand the procedure about how the total number of years of Work Experience is consider by ACS for PR application.

I have been awarded Bachelors of Engineering Degree in Field of Electronics and Telecommunication
in May 2006.

Since July 2007 i have been working as Full Time PeopleSoft Techno Functional Consultant (ERP Domain) to Till Date.

In all i have 7 Years and 10 Months of experience in IT (ERP Domain).

It would be helpful if an expert advise can be shared on how much of my total experience will be counted for Skill Migration Point Tests.

Thanking you in anticipation.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Hi,

I would like to understand the procedure about how the total number of years of Work Experience is consider by ACS for PR application.

I have been awarded Bachelors of Engineering Degree in Field of Electronics and Telecommunication
in May 2006.

Since July 2007 i have been working as Full Time PeopleSoft Techno Functional Consultant (ERP Domain) to Till Date.

In all i have 7 Years and 10 Months of experience in IT (ERP Domain).

It would be helpful if an expert advise can be shared on how much of my total experience will be counted for Skill Migration Point Tests.

Thanking you in anticipation.
If bachelors degree does not match with your job, they deduct 4 yrs. Since you have ECE degree with IT profile, they might deduct upto 4 years from your total exp.

·
Registered
973 Posts
hi,
as mentioned by 2013 it is correct due to your degree in ECE 4 years would be deducted from your total experience. so if you started work in 2007 July your work experience would be counted since 2011 Jul. from 2011 Jul till now it would amount to be around 3 Yrs 10 months of experience in IT. So you can claim 5 points for your experience and 15 points for your Education if your BE is recognized to be a AQF Bachelor.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Exams Required for Australia Migration

Thanks all for previous responses.

It would be helpful if some information about exams which are needed to be cleared before applying for Australia PR.

As I understand IELTS is one of them, however on checking few blogs found that applicant now also appear for TOFEL or PTE A if applying PR as skilled worker under open or state nomination category.

It would be helpful this can be confirmed and shared some more details.

Regards.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hi,
as mentioned by 2013 it is correct due to your degree in ECE 4 years would be deducted from your total experience. so if you started work in 2007 July your work experience would be counted since 2011 Jul. from 2011 Jul till now it would amount to be around 3 Yrs 10 months of experience in IT. So you can claim 5 points for your experience and 15 points for your Education if your BE is recognized to be a AQF Bachelor.
Thanks all for previous responses.

It would be helpful if some information about exams which are needed to be cleared before applying for Australia PR.

As I understand IELTS is one of them, however on checking few blogs found that applicant now also appear for TOFEL or PTE A if applying PR as skilled worker under open or state nomination category.

It would be helpful this can be confirmed and shared some more details.

Regards.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts