Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, been getting lots of info here and think it's really useful to refer to other's opinions.

I have been preparing docs to apply the settlement - wife visa, will be applying from Taiwan. I just got the docs that my husband (British sponsor) handing in to me and found that for employer's letter confirming his employment, it's using company letter paper with letter-head, and with the details it needs to include and with the sale's director signature along with the company stamp.

BUT, for the date part, I already told him that it should be dated 28 days prior to the application and he kinda thought that left the date blank and I can put the date to it by myself...sigh...I was totally speechless when I found this. My question is that will it matter for the date part, I just hand-write down the date? If this is gonna affect the application, I will have to ask him to do that again when he back to London, he's currently having business trip in China.

Hope if anyone has the experience, kindly let me know as I already got other docs in hand and want to apply it asap, cheers!

·
Registered
5,991 Posts
I already told him that it should be dated 28 days prior to the application
Financial documents should be dated WITHIN 28 days of the application, not 28 days prior.

I don't think a date on the employer's letter is required. It's not a time-sensitive financial document like a bank statement or payslip, it's just to verify their employment terms and the salary stated should align to what's on the payslips/deposits anyway.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.