Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am the son of an American father and an Australian mother. I was born in the US, and was 4 years old when my family moved back to Australia. I was born with US citizenship, and when we moved, we got Australian permanent residency visas for my dad, brothers, and myself.
At the age of 22, I moved back out to the US on my own. At the age of 25 I was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis. Now at the age of 27, I am trying to return home to my family in Australia. Since I do not have Australian citizenship yet, that hurdle must be overcome. But I am concerned that my "pre-existing" MS might cause me to be declined the privilege of being granted dual citizenship, or at least granted a new permanent resident visa.
I am not currently taking any medication, although the doctor who diagnosed me did prescribe me Copaxone (told me it wasn't dire to get on it immediately, but it is apparently the recommended drug for my future).
Can someone who has knowledge of the laws and regulations in Australia help me find out if I would still be able to get back home to my family? Or am I stuck?

·
Registered
458 Posts
Highly recommend: Mark Northam from mnvisa.com . Had a consultation with him. He is absolutely great.

·
Super Moderator
5,695 Posts
Highly recommend: Mark Northam from mnvisa.com . Had a consultation with him. He is absolutely great.
Using an agent is certainly an option.

However, applying for Australian Citizenship really is not difficult. :)

Citizenship by descent - summary

ANY medical status does not affect Australian Citizens right to live in Australia.

This type of Citizenship application is currently being processed mostly within 3 to 5 months.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts