Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know how initial entry date is calculated. I heard someone say that it is 12 months (exactly?) from the date of PCC/ medical, whichever is earlier. Just wanted to confirm if thats true?

·
Super Moderator
3,447 Posts
Yes, that's correct. Let's say your meds were done on 15 September 2013 and your PCCs were done on 11 July 2013 and your visa was granted today. You would have until 11 July 2014 to enter the country to activate the visa.

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Yes, that's correct. Let's say your meds were done on 15 September 2013 and your PCCs were done on 11 July 2013 and your visa was granted today. You would have until 11 July 2014 to enter the country to activate the visa.
This calculation is not always followed by CO. :)

Reactions: felix2020

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Reactions: felix2020

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replies.

Well in that case if you are trying to push the initial entry date as much as possible it makes sense to do your PCC and Meds as late as possible.

·
Registered
965 Posts
thats right. Delay it as much as u can if you want the initial date to be later

·
Registered
50 Posts
Date on which you applied for PCC or date on which you got it?
Actually it is PCC applied date in my case.

My self and my wife applied for PCC on 23rd Aug 2013. My wife got PCC same date and mine is not available so initiated. I received my PCC on 19th Sep 2013. But my initial entry date is given 23rd Aug 2014.

Regards
Maruthi.P

1 - 11 of 11 Posts