Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Two years Validity Constraint

Hi friends,

I wanted to know , if it is possible that when one is granted a PR (176) , the primary applicant first goes and spouse , kid stays back at native country and joins the primary applicant later.

Somehow , I wanted to travel first and work out things and then take spouse and my kid with me.

Do they have to come and validate their visa with initial entry and then come back after a while.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Two years Validity Constraint

Hi friends,

I wanted to know , if it is possible that when one is granted a PR (176) , the primary applicant first goes and spouse , kid stays back at native country and joins the primary applicant later.

Somehow , I wanted to travel first and work out things and then take spouse and my kid with me.

Do they have to come and validate their visa with initial entry and then come back after a while.
No, they don't have to come with you nor do they do have to validate the visa at the same time as you would validate yours. They can validate the visa even months after your visa is validated but before the expiration date of the visa set by the CO.

Hope this answers your question.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, they don't have to come with you nor do they do have to validate the visa at the same time as you would validate yours. They can validate the visa even months after your visa is validated but before the expiration date of the visa set by the CO.

Thanks Coolsnake... that gives a bit of a relief for now...

·
Registered
230 Posts
mansin said:
Thanks Coolsnake... that gives a bit of a relief for now...
Thanks mansin for asking this question. Even i had a similar doubt.

Thanks coolsnake for the clarification.

·
Registered
410 Posts

Is it the expiration date? :confused::confused:
So does that mean that initial entry constraint is only for primary applicant and once he/she does that secondary applicants can join anytime before the Visa expiry date??
:confused2:

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So does that mean that initial entry constraint is only for primary applicant and once he/she does that secondary applicants can join anytime before the Visa expiry date??
Yes , thats what it appears to be...

Now , I have a doubt.. does the visa expiry date here refers to the 10 months period from the date of issue of visa for the initial entry?

and if they join a bit later, do we have to separately show the two years for them (in the state) before clearing the state constraints from our visas.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Sorry, I should have been clear in my previous post. By expiration date set by the CO I meant the initial entry date's expiry (which would usually be a year from the PCC/Meds) and not the expiration date of the visa itself.

Initial entry date is for all the applicants & not just for primary applicants.

Hope this clears the confusion. :)

·
Registered
556 Posts
Yes , thats what it appears to be...

Now , I have a doubt.. does the visa expiry date here refers to the 10 months period from the date of issue of visa for the initial entry?

and if they join a bit later, do we have to separately show the two years for them (in the state) before clearing the state constraints from our visas.
Sorry if I confused you. I have answered your first query in the above post. Initial entry date is usually calculated a year from the date on your PCC/Meds and all the applicants would have to travel atleast once by that date to validate the visa. But Visa's expiry date as such is 5 years from the date of grant. Even after the completion of 5 years you can stay in the country but if you opt to travel out of the country you would need a RRV to return.

About the 2 years in a state constraint, from what I have read it is only for the primary applicant & the secondary applicant doesn't have to fulfill that obligation.

·
Registered
410 Posts
That's what i was wondering.. :D
Every visa has an initial entry date. we should make an entry before that. Doesn't matter u enter with all the applicants or alone. Each one has to validate their visa before initial entry date.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi Coolsnake

does that mean , that after the 176 Visa Grant ... I (primary applicant) work in the sponsored state and the secondary applicant (who by default gets the PR) can work anywhere in AUS and still we keep do not break the state policy.

If that is true , then for many .. it would be a boon

·
Registered
556 Posts
Hi Coolsnake

does that mean , that after the 176 Visa Grant ... I (primary applicant) work in the sponsored state and the secondary applicant (who by default gets the PR) can work anywhere in AUS and still we keep do not break the state policy.

If that is true , then for many .. it would be a boon
Hi Mansin,
I personally haven't seen a case where the secondary applicant stays in a different state from the primary applicant after being sponsored. As per the DIAC website's details on obligation of a 176 visa: Skilled – Sponsored (Migrant) Visa (Subclass 176) it isn't clear if the secondary applicant is also expected to live and work only in the sponsored state. But for the Primary applicant it is clearly mentioned that "If you are nominated by a State or Territory government, you need to agree to:
remain in the State or Territory for a period of at least two years"

I think we should wait for someone who has experienced the above to detail his/her experience to be crystal clear on this. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.