Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Initial Accomodation in Adelaide

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Dipsomania 
#1 ·
Hi Expats,

I'm finding it tough to get the initial accomodation in Adelaide ,we family(couple+kid) are moving on Sept 23.. i have gone through airbnb etc..Please let me know if you guys know good place and area for us.Please help.

Thanks,
Sarank

Reactions: Dipsomania
#4 ·
Hi, I recently arrived here in Adelaide with PR and was in search of job. Earlier worked in IT but seems the market is not much here and am open to all options for any part time/casual which can help me to earn & can bring my family after I get an accommodation. Would really appreciate if you can provide the inputs. Thanks

#5 ·
Hi Au-pr2011,

I left Adelaide after six months because it was impossible to get any job even if you are going to apply for casual jobs it is difficult. I'm in Melbourne now and here it is possible to get a casual job to survive but yeah that it's! IT jobs in Melbourne are rare too so the best chance is in aged care or nurse! But who will change his IT job in aged care for staying in Australia? Me never!!!

Good luck!!!

#7 ·
Hi sarank,

I can help. I have PMed you. we moved to adelaide a year and a half back and had a tough time finding a place too.. Airbnb is good only for a short stay. For rental property they are very keen on credit history, which we new comers have none. we had a tough time. But found this amazing place eventually in NORWOOD. This area is great. I would def recommend it. Very close to the CBD. Very posh. Very expensive rental but there are pockets of some units which are nice and cheap. We love it here :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.