Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Dear All forum member hello, I am in UAE from last three months I am from India, I am working in bank as sales guy in credit card department, while joining I have signed a contract with my sponsor or you can say a recruitment agency whom pay role I am working for bank. Now as I am not able to perform as bank want me to perform any my probation is also getting over, so now I want to ask a question will bank or my agency will ask me to leave from job as my probation is getting over as I am non performer as bank or agency standard and that to without pay or will they pay me my salary for this month or they will cut some cost from my salary and then pay to me or ask me to leave or will they increase my probation time. I have a copy of contract, but I don't understand it much as there is nothing such return on it on remuneration.

And, will I get any ban? And, my passport is with my agency will I get any problem getting it back or I need to pay for that?

·
Registered
4,052 Posts
Dear All forum member hello, I am in UAE from last three months I am from India, I am working in bank as sales guy in credit card department, while joining I have signed a contract with my sponsor or you can say a recruitment agency whom pay role I am working for bank. Now as I am not able to perform as bank want me to perform any my probation is also getting over, so now I want to ask a question will bank or my agency will ask me to leave from job as my probation is getting over as I am non performer as bank or agency standard and that to without pay or will they pay me my salary for this month or they will cut some cost from my salary and then pay to me or ask me to leave or will they increase my probation time. I have a copy of contract, but I don't understand it much as there is nothing such return on it on remuneration.

And, will I get any ban? And, my passport is with my agency will I get any problem getting it back or I need to pay for that?
The bank/ agency can indeed fire you during probation. They are NOT allowed to withhold pay for the time you have worked with them. As to the ban etc., I am not sure as the rules include criteria related to pay and qualifications. They are also not allowed to charge you for visa expenses unless you explicitly agreed to it in the contract. they CANNOT keep your passport - if you face issues with this, you can always go to the Ministry of Labour or the Indian Consulate in Dubai.

If and when they decide to fire you, you should get in touch with the ministry of labour (go visit them in person) MOL Contact

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The bank/ agency can indeed fire you during probation. They are NOT allowed to withhold pay for the time you have worked with them. As to the ban etc., I am not sure as the rules include criteria related to pay and qualifications. They are also not allowed to charge you for visa expenses unless you explicitly agreed to it in the contract. they CANNOT keep your passport - if you face issues with this, you can always go to the Ministry of Labour or the Indian Consulate in Dubai.

Dear Rsinner, thanks for the reply, but as they are asking me to leave due to non performance & I am not giving any resignation from my end. So why should I pay them for the visa cost or any other things? Can you help me in this case. I don't understand contract much what written in it. But I am trying to reach MOL but not getting up-to mark answer from them to. Regarding my passport I heard my agency always do some problem with employee resigning or leaving company while giving them the passport back.

·
Registered
4,052 Posts

Dear Rsinner, thanks for the reply, but as they are asking me to leave due to non performance & I am not giving any resignation from my end. So why should I pay them for the visa cost or any other things? Can you help me in this case. I don't understand contract much what written in it. But I am trying to reach MOL but not getting up-to mark answer from them to. Regarding my passport I heard my agency always do some problem with employee resigning or leaving company while giving them the passport back.
I cannot help you. You have to find out things yourself.
If they have asked you to leave, then ask them to terminate your employment - do not resign.
There is nothing about not understanding your contract - if you can read ENglish, read it.
ALso, I do not understand what "up to mark" answers mean from the MOL - they are the authority on this, and they will give you the correct answers.
If your agency does not give your passport back, put in a formal complaint to the MOL and also contact the Indian consulate in Dubai.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Thanks rsinner for reply, any way I am not happy with this job even, may be that reason I am not performing. Even I want to leave this job and go back to home country, I don't mind even if they put a ban I can try and find a job in my home country.

I will be happy if they fire me from job, but till yet they have not given any notice or warning to me. I fear they may not fire me or put some pressure on me so that I can resign by my own.

And if I resign by own i am liable to pay visa cost as I guess? but there is nothing as such written on contract. In contract it say in probation is of 3 months start from joining date. and in termination it says after probation period termination require one month's written notice from either party and need to pay one month salary if I fail to serve notice.

regarding dedication it say that any time during employment or termination company entitled to deduct from salary or any other payment due to you in respect of your employment any monies dues from you to company. ( is it mean i need to pay for visa cost before or after probation or any other cost to company if I leave company).

Now my main concern what ever happen I don't want to work with this company any more whatever happens. but if they don't terminate me in probation what I can do the best to leave them. But I don't want to pay them any thing even for my visa cost. suggestion require

One more point I like to add my friend who was working with bank earlier on third party pay role like me, need to resign his job in probation due to medical emergency in his family as they where not providing him leave and his passport was with them. finally he has to pay Visa cost to them to get his passport from them.

so if I resign now or after probation do I need to do same?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts