Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
My name is Abhishek Dhiman,25 and I am from India. I am a Civil Engineer (B.Tech) graduate. I have a total experience of 3 years in my respective field only. I had recently given the IELTS academic exam and have a score of 7.5 bands, 7 each.

I am planning to file my offshore PR, but I have a doubt that whether my this IELTS academic score would be considered for the purpose of immigration.

Also, I would be thankful to anyone out there who can tell me the scope of civil engineer in Australia.

·
Registered
23,916 Posts
Hi everyone,
My name is Abhishek Dhiman,25 and I am from India. I am a Civil Engineer (B.Tech) graduate. I have a total experience of 3 years in my respective field only. I had recently given the IELTS academic exam and have a score of 7.5 bands, 7 each.

I am planning to file my offshore PR, but I have a doubt that whether my this IELTS academic score would be considered for the purpose of immigration.

Also, I would be thankful to anyone out there who can tell me the scope of civil engineer in Australia.
IELTS academic score is also accepted by DIBP for immigration purposes
As you have a minimum score of 7, you will only get 10 points for English

Cheers

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
Hi everyone,

This will help:

Skilled Independent visa (subclass 189) (Points-tested) stream

http://www.expatforum.com/expats/au...-190-sol-csol-what-1st-thing-i-should-do.html

Since you did B. Tech, don't be surprised if you are assessed as AQF Diploma and awarded 10 points. Also If you don't write a good CDR you will be given 233914 Engineering Technologist.

In such case, you may need 20 points and PTE may be a better option if IELTS is too difficult for 8+ in all bands.

EA MSA Booklet: https://www.engineersaustralia.org.au/sites/default/files/resource-files/2017-03/MSA Booklet.pdf

IELTS Academic is accepted as newbienz said.

Lastly, there is no onshore or offshore, everyone is treated the same for 189.

·
Registered
23,916 Posts
Whats AFQ diploma.??
Your education is compared to an Australian qualification framework standards and must have been assessed as equivalent to AQF diploma

Cheers

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts