Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I've got my SS from Vic and preparing for the 176 Visa application. Got to clarify some details with you.

1. In form 990i, I found that there is a section explaining 2nd installment for any dependants with less than functional English- If my partner has more than 4.5 in IELTS each section, this fee is not applicable right?

2. If I'm applying for myself & my partner, the initial charge is A$ (2960 + 1995). Is that all or Do I need to pay another installment while getting the visa grant?

3. Do I have to provide the Police clearance soon after applying or it is required along with the medical certificate? Because police certificate may take up to 2 months in my country :(

Thanks guys!
- SlExpat

·
Registered
202 Posts
slexpat said:
Hi,

I've got my SS from Vic and preparing for the 176 Visa application. Got to clarify some details with you.

1. In form 990i, I found that there is a section explaining 2nd installment for any dependants with less than functional English- If my partner has more than 4.5 in IELTS each section, this fee is not applicable right?

2. If I'm applying for myself & my partner, the initial charge is A$ (2960 + 1995). Is that all or Do I need to pay another installment while getting the visa grant?

3. Do I have to provide the Police clearance soon after applying or it is required along with the medical certificate? Because police certificate may take up to 2 months in my country :(

Thanks guys!
- SlExpat
1. Yes.
2. I need to confirm on this but as far as I remember, you. We'd to only pay 2960.
3. Usually the car officer would ask for PCC. But I have seen that a couple of members here in the forum who had given their PCC along with the application.

Vijay.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Hi,

Thanks guys!
- SlExpat
1. 4.5 in IELTS is all you need to avoid paying the second installment. So your understanding is correct.
2. If you can prove that your partner's medium of instruction in school/college was English or your partner has more than 4.5 in IELTS, then the only payment you have to make would be $2960.
3. If PCC in your country takes 2 months, then you better get started with applying for the same at the earliest. CO usually gets assigned for 176 within 4 weeks of lodging the application, so the earlier you submit the PCC the better. :)

All the best!!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks a lot guys for the reply... The information given by both of you really helps me :)

-SlExpat

·
Registered
267 Posts
1. 4.5 in IELTS is all you need to avoid paying the second installment. So your understanding is correct.
2. If you can prove that your partner's medium of instruction in school/college was English or your partner has more than 4.5 in IELTS, then the only payment you have to make would be $2960.
3. If PCC in your country takes 2 months, then you better get started with applying for the same at the earliest. CO usually gets assigned for 176 within 4 weeks of lodging the application, so the earlier you submit the PCC the better. :)

All the best!!
Hi slexpat,

I second coolsnake.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.