Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi All I'm a plasterer looking to emmigrate to canada with my wife an 2 kids, if anyone could give me advice on the areas of canada that are looking for my trade I'd really appreciate it, I've been applying for jobs n emailing companies for the last month but as yet have had no luck, but I'll keep trying, so any advise anyone can offer me would be greatly appreciated, my wife is a chef ans she would hope to work when we get out there also but I'm hoping to be the primary applicant

Thanks in advance
Noel

·
Registered
4,458 Posts
hi All I'm a plasterer looking to emmigrate to canada with my wife an 2 kids, if anyone could give me advice on the areas of canada that are looking for my trade I'd really appreciate it, I've been applying for jobs n emailing companies for the last month but as yet have had no luck, but I'll keep trying, so any advise anyone can offer me would be greatly appreciated, my wife is a chef ans she would hope to work when we get out there also but I'm hoping to be the primary applicant

Thanks in advance
Noel
Your occupation is not on THE LIST, however your wife's is. You should consider having her as the primary applicant.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Your occupation is not on THE LIST, however your wife's is. You should consider having her as the primary applicant.
thanks for that, we've looked into that and we would hope for me to be able to get a job as my wife is hoping to work partime as we have 2 children, but if all else fails we will fall back oh her :)

·
Registered
45 Posts
noeld said:
thanks for that, we've looked into that and we would hope for me to be able to get a job as my wife is hoping to work partime as we have 2 children, but if all else fails we will fall back oh her :)
Just because you apply with your wife doesn't mean that she has to be the one working. With PR you are both able to work even if she is the principal applicant.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just because you apply with your wife doesn't mean that she has to be the one working. With PR you are both able to work even if she is the principal applicant.
thanks Sharon, what we're hoping is that we can get a company to take me on so we can go for the provincial sponsorship , this is a quicker way of getting out as if we go using the skilled workers scheme it takes 2 years which is just too long as my eldest child is 12 n we hope to be able to go within the next year. If my wife gets a job offer it means she has to stay in full time employment for 1.5 years and the whole reason for going is for me to get a fulltime job so we can improve our family life :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.