Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI,

I have found a new problem which i might face applying for a spouse visa in april. I've read in threads that UK immigration laws are going to be changed soon and a partner must earn 26k. Savings are also not going to be count. Is this law is going to be implemented for sure because i tried to find out in UKBA website and in other websites as well but couldn't get anything about it. Can anyone help me on this. I am really worried about this.

·
Registered
168 Posts
!

HI,

I have found a new problem which i might face applying for a spouse visa in april. I've read in threads that UK immigration laws are going to be changed soon and a partner must earn 26k. Savings are also not going to be count. Is this law is going to be implemented for sure because i tried to find out in UKBA website and in other websites as well but couldn't get anything about it. Can anyone help me on this. I am really worried about this.
Hi,
No one knows what's going to be implemented or when. But as I said in another thread, it is counterintuitive that UKBA won't count savings but will only count partner's income: a high savings will prevent you from turning to public funds, especially if your partner has been laid off in a bad economy. What's the point of having an income if you don't intend to save? Daft!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the reply.. I tried to find out about this over internet but couldn't get anywhere. If possible can you provide me a link about changing the immigration laws.. and if they do change it then many couples might never meet each other or just move to another country...

·
Registered
258 Posts
Hi,
No one knows what's going to be implemented or when. But as I said in another thread, it is counterintuitive that UKBA won't count savings but will only count partner's income: a high savings will prevent you from turning to public funds, especially if your partner has been laid off in a bad economy. What's the point of having an income if you don't intend to save? Daft!
Totally agree as my wife and I are in similar situation and very concern with what new rules will be. It would be unreasonable and illogical if they totally exclude the savings when making decision on spouse visa.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
this government seems to be very silly... it is also against human rights... how come they are separating husband and wife on the basis of income... i dun think these laws are going to be implemented...

·
Registered
168 Posts
Totally agree as my wife and I are in similar situation and very concern with what new rules will be. It would be unreasonable and illogical if they totally exclude the savings when making decision on spouse visa.
Yes it's annoying. It reminds me of when I used to live in Manhattan, NY in a coop apartment building that we still own and let. The coop board requires prospective buyers to be earning a certain income, but more important still to have savings--so they can pay their coop maintenance in the event of losing a job. Perhaps the UK is becoming a large NYC coop flat!!! We'll just have to be positive, hope for the best, and get on with the work we've got to do in the meanwhile! (Maybe we'll luck out and none of this stuff will come into force until 2013, eh? :clap2:

·
Registered
39,029 Posts
I have written about rule changes for family migration ad nauseum and I don't intend to start again. Suffice it to say that the announcement has obviously been delayed as UKBA fine-tunes the changes and how they should be implemented. They will be based on the recommendations of the Migration Advisory Committee, published last November, which you can download at UK Border Agency | MAC publishes report on the family migration route

People get worried about the new proposed income requirement of £25,800 a year, compared to the current level of £105.95 a week (without dependent children), as though there would be near five-fold increases. But as the report makes clear, £105.95 net translates to around £14,100 a year gross if the average rent is set at £100 a week. So the actual difference is a maximum of £11,700, and possibly less if you live in a more expensive area. Still a significant sum, but nothing like five-fold. The MAC has proposed a single national income requirement, but the finanl shape may include some sort of regionalisation, to reflect, for example, the reality of sky-high housing in London compared to many other areas of UK.

Also I think disallowing all savings won't stand up to scrutiny, esp in cases where the UK spouse/partner is still living and working abroad and has no established UK income at the point of visa application. There will be a ridiculous situation of a multi-millionaire being denied a visa because they have no current UK job and income? Restriction on external sponsorship is a measure long overdue, as it should only be used as a safety net and not the main means of maintenance and accommodation in UK.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi,

I have another problem... my spouse is earning less then 14k yearly but got savings of around 4000 pounds.. is that enough for me to apply for spouse visa before immigration law changes....

·
Registered
39,029 Posts
Hi,

I have another problem... my spouse is earning less then 14k yearly but got savings of around 4000 pounds.. is that enough for me to apply for spouse visa before immigration law changes....
As things stand, yes, but you need more if you have dependants.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
As things stand, yes, but you need more if you have dependants.
i dun have any dependents but she is living in her parents house in she is mentioned in tenancy agreement... we gonna have our own house as soon i move there... and yeah i am still worried about changing immigration laws of UK.. r you sure they are delayed for bit long... because i am still waiting for my papers. thanks for your help and reply

·
Registered
39,029 Posts
i dun have any dependents but she is living in her parents house in she is mentioned in tenancy agreement... we gonna have our own house as soon i move there... and yeah i am still worried about changing immigration laws of UK.. r you sure they are delayed for bit long... because i am still waiting for my papers. thanks for your help and reply
The new rules were expected either at the end of 2011 or beginning of 2012, but we are in March and still waiting. Perhaps the UKBA has realised the whole scheme is a hornet's nest and requires a lot of more considerations and fine-tuning!
I still expect the rules to be announced between April and June, for implementation possibly in October.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The new rules were expected either at the end of 2011 or beginning of 2012, but we are in March and still waiting. Perhaps the UKBA has realised the whole scheme is a hornet's nest and requires a lot of more considerations and fine-tuning!
I still expect the rules to be announced between April and June, for implementation possibly in October.
so they are not going to implement them in april... thanks for the reply

·
Registered
135 Posts
i keep reading everywhere on these forums that people have all this money in savings. i got out of the military here in the states back in May 2011 after serving for 4 years, i then went to England on a visitors visa to live with him in a flat we got above a pub to see that we would be able to be with eachother for longer then 2-3 weeks at a time if that makes sense, i then traveled back to the US and we were married just this past new years eve. and i have not gotten a job because i still had enough to live since i have been staying with family. and also i had received my tax returns which has helped me and will help me to be able to pay for my visa application fee and flight and pretty much survive until i get to be with my husband again. my husband is in the british army and i must say since the wedding we really dont have that much in savings. is that really a huge thing? is it better if we have more in savings?

·
Registered
39,029 Posts
i keep reading everywhere on these forums that people have all this money in savings. i got out of the military here in the states back in May 2011 after serving for 4 years, i then went to England on a visitors visa to live with him in a flat we got above a pub to see that we would be able to be with eachother for longer then 2-3 weeks at a time if that makes sense, i then traveled back to the US and we were married just this past new years eve. and i have not gotten a job because i still had enough to live since i have been staying with family. and also i had received my tax returns which has helped me and will help me to be able to pay for my visa application fee and flight and pretty much survive until i get to be with my husband again. my husband is in the british army and i must say since the wedding we really dont have that much in savings. is that really a huge thing? is it better if we have more in savings?
Savings are a help but regular income is better. Since your husband is in the British Army and presumably adequately paid, I can't see much problem there, esp with subsidised housing and so on.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Savings are a help but regular income is better. Since your husband is in the British Army and presumably adequately paid, I can't see much problem there, esp with subsidised housing and so on.
so the housing things isnt considered some from of public funding right?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.