Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Info on moving to dubai

1K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  cautious_mover 
#1 ·
Hello

My name is Adam and i am an accountancy student at leeds university. Upon completion i am looking to move to the UAE to seek work.

I would like to know if there are any companies in UAE that offer graduate schemes for trainee accountants?

Living in UAE is not a problem as my farther is a resident and could supply somewhere to live in the short term.

Any response would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in Advance

Adam

#2 ·
Congrats on your degree mate, and if i were you, I'd look at the bigger people (KPMG etc,) ask if they do, cos the smaller companies, if they do, it'll just be for locals i would guess.

Failing that come over, stay at you old mans and look from here.

You'll feel right at home - we have a Harvey nichols too!

#4 ·
I don't know of any companies that would offer such schemes out here. I would sugest that you would receive better training in the UK. Please also bear in mind that many lower level accountants are from countries where small salaries are acceptable, despite their qualifications.

Note that your father is not able to sponsor you.

-

#5 ·
As far as I was aware i could be sponsered to move to UAE on a family visa through my dad, then look for employment once i arrive. Also considering the starting salary for most junior accountants in the UK is 18k GBP p/a minus income tax i am quite sure that even if i recieved a similar salary package in UAE it would be more financially benificial to me.

#8 ·
Get a job in Europe with a big firm. Get some experience, then get 'sent' here. That way someone else will own all of your problems concerning relocation etc etc.

Alternatively - take 3 years off and go back packing - much more rewarding ! You are far too young to be settling down...live a little. It will benefit you far more in the long run. And you will learn more about yourself than any office job will teach you !

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.