Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
we are planning to move to ACT /Canberra around April -May and booking tickets. I just wanted to check if anyone has recently moved there and what experiences you are all having, the job market for temp jobs (since for specific roles, one can never answer for other folks), housing, schooling etc.
i am doing my share of internet research but would be great to know more from others.
regards
Aurita

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
Hi Aurita,

Move or make an initial entry, validate and come back? What are the plans now?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hanging between the 2 options

Hi Aurita,

Move or make an initial entry, validate and come back? What are the plans now?
not sure - we got some good feedback on job opportunities once we land up so i am leaning towards moving with bori bishtra :) (lock stock and barrel) but OH wants me to stay while he explores and then I join end of year... we will finalise by early feb.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I would love to move to Canberra, cooler than other places...

but i think the opportunities are not much as the city is house to most of the govt. organizations... and they will not hire us till we get citizenship...

anyways.. good luck.. and do share your experiences once you land there...

best of luck

ali

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
ali there are many non govt organisations which take those who are on PR and when the state sponsors you, they do so keeping in mind it might add up to unemployment rate if you are unable to manage a job and currently ACT unemployment rate is the lowest as comapred to the rest of the states.

Aurita, its best you do what OH asks you to.. makes more sense he goes first, u come back with the son, he makes life more comfortable for when u go back and u finally leave your comfort zone and join him.

and when u both r settled, i come and join you and make your life miserable hehehehe

1 - 5 of 5 Posts