Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone please advise me on all the documents I will need to apply for/ Gain when moving to Camposol, Murcia in September 2015...
My Partner is all ready has his NIE as a non Resident as he owns a property.
It will be Him, Myself, My son (7) and Daughter (2) moving to the property... And my son will need to go to School, hoping El Pareton.
I need to know every little detail on what I need to have, where and how I go about getting it.. do children need NIE etc?
Thank you so much for your help, very nervous about the whole situation and need guidance :)
TIA
Siobhan x

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Can someone please advise me on all the documents I will need to apply for/ Gain when moving to Camposol, Murcia in September 2015...
It will be Him, Myself, My son (7) and Daughter (2) moving to the property... And my son will need to go to School, hoping El Pareton.
I need to know every little detail on what I need to have, where and how I go about getting it.. do children need NIE etc?
Thank you so much for your help, very nervous about the whole situation and need guidance :)
TIA
Siobhan x
If you search this forum for each of the subjects you require you will get a comprehensive view of moving to Spain
Your priorities are finances- will you be looking for work?
The requirements for residency are for each adult to have a monthly income of at least 600 euros and/ or 6k euros in the Spanish bank, and to have heakth cover with a Spanish company.
If your husband is working,with a legal contract, or is self employed, and paying into the system, you will get free healthcare as his dependents.
Health- you will need private care for a year before you can pay into the Spanish NHS if none of the above applies.
Research tax implications of living in Spain, the various taxes are different to the UK
You will be tax resident in Spain, and apart from Government pensions, Will pay tax on all income including savings income, in Spain. What is tax free in UK, isn't in Spain.
Eg isas, lump sums, inheritances, lottery and premium bond winnings.
You are right to research all this before coming to Spain, as it will avoid unwelcome surprises!
As you are not married, it is in your interests to register your partnership formally, as it will affect your rights if you don't, ( regarding inheritances etc) especially if anything happens to either of you
I assume your partner has some knowledge of what is required?

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
TIA
Siobhan x
No one can tell you every detail here. You should sit down and read the FAQ thread at the top of the page where there is loads of info on everything you need to know and do. You haven't given enough info either for detailed answers - will you be working, etc.

One of the main things is that you must all apply for your residence within 90 days of arrival. NI number is not enough, and you can get that along with your Residence application (forms in FAQ thread). Children have to be registered and have NI, too.

For your residence, you have to prove that you have sufficient financial and healthcare cover. This can be done by showing a contract of work, or self employment autonomo, otherwise it will have to be private healthcare insurance and approx 600€/month/ person INCL children in a Spanish bank and / or 6000€ savings per person.

You also have to sign on the padron, enrol your son for school, register for social security (if you qualify), open resident bank accounts.

If you are not married, it may be more complicated as one person's social security contributions (if working) won't entitle the other to state healthcare.

In the FAQ thread, you'll find plenty info on other things such as driving requirements, etc too.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts