Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I am planning to apply as a skilled migrant to Australia under occupation - ICT System Test Engineer.
Went through the occupation list for Subclass - 175 and i guess i am not eligible.
So the second option is subclass - Skilled-Sponsored (Migrant) Visa (Subclass 176). Had couple of doubts as below:

1. Does the process for 176 takes longer than 175?

2. After getting the ACS assessment of qualification and work exp. i will then pick a state and then apply for state sponsorship? After state sponsorship is approved i then apply for the visa with DIAC? OR is it just one application that i make to DIAC after ACS assessment?

3. What is the success rate for 176 class?

4. The eligible states where my occupation is in demand are: 'South Australia' and 'ACT'. Which ones of these are better to move to?

5. Can an individual apply and get sponsorship from more than one state?

Any guidance is much appreciated....

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi All,

I am planning to apply as a skilled migrant to Australia under occupation - ICT System Test Engineer.
Went through the occupation list for Subclass - 175 and i guess i am not eligible.
So the second option is subclass - Skilled-Sponsored (Migrant) Visa (Subclass 176). Had couple of doubts as below:

Generally 176 will be quicker than 175

2. After getting the ACS assessment of qualification and work exp. i will then pick a state and then apply for state sponsorship? After state sponsorship is approved i then apply for the visa with DIAC? OR is it just one application that i make to DIAC after ACS assessment?

State sponsorship and DIAC, both are different entities.
ACS + IELTS --> State sponsorship --> DIAC(Visa)

Depends on the state : Victoria state has highest rejection

4. The eligible states where my occupation is in demand are: 'South Australia' and 'ACT'. Which ones of these are better to move to?

You need check seek,... and other job portals

Yes, you can apply yourself and get everything from ACS skill assessment to Visa

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi All,

Generally 176 will be quicker than 175

State sponsorship and DIAC, both are different entities.
ACS + IELTS --> State sponsorship --> DIAC(Visa)

Depends on the state : Victoria state has highest rejection

You need check seek,... and other job portals

Yes, you can apply yourself and get everything from ACS skill assessment to Visa
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks a lot for the reply Jagadeesha..

"State sponsorship and DIAC, both are different entities.
ACS + IELTS --> State sponsorship --> DIAC(Visa)"

1. That means even for ACS assessment i require IELTS?
OR
IELTS is required for state sponsorship?

2. Is there additional application cost involved in state sponsorship as well?

3. Eg., if i move to South Asutralia with state sponsorship that means its mandatory for me to work there for 2 years or more? OR i can move to any state freely to work?

Finding this forum really helpful :) thanks

·
Registered
353 Posts
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks a lot for the reply Jagadeesha..

"State sponsorship and DIAC, both are different entities.
ACS + IELTS --> State sponsorship --> DIAC(Visa)"

1. That means even for ACS assessment i require IELTS?
OR
IELTS is required for state sponsorship?

2. Is there additional application cost involved in state sponsorship as well?

3. Eg., if i move to South Asutralia with state sponsorship that means its mandatory for me to work there for 2 years or more? OR i can move to any state freely to work?

Finding this forum really helpful :) thanks
1. You dont need IELTS while applying for an ACS skills assessment.

2. Different states have a different fee for a state sponsorship application. SA and VIC are free. You will have to check each states' website to get this info.

3. If you have a SS from a state it is a moral obligation to stay in the state for 2 years out of which 12 months you should be employed. You can move to another state but this might be an issue when you apply for a citizenship and resident return visa.

·
Registered
550 Posts
I think if you get a state visa, the visa will clearly state that you are permitted to work only in that state. Not sure. but I was wondering, if you are locked to one state and you cannot find your kind of job in that state, will the stae officially 'permit' you to move out?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think if you get a state visa, the visa will clearly state that you are permitted to work only in that state. Not sure. but I was wondering, if you are locked to one state and you cannot find your kind of job in that state, will the stae officially 'permit' you to move out?
Thanks for the info all... i guess the person would have to stay in the sponsored state for atleast 2 years i before moving... but i havent heard if the state will provide an official permit so the person can move out.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Dear All,
How do we really move one with state sponsership. I need some info also, as I read what I understand is that state has to sponsor us, but in what condition. Please explain clearly

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.