Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I would be very appreciative for information with regards a Visit Visa to enable my daughter to bring her husband for a holiday in England. They are both professional people working and living in Dubai with no intention of returning to England. If there are any ex-pats that can advise me o for a settlementn whether just for a holiday does he have to have a sponsor etc from her? I thought that was just for a settlement visa, not just a holiday for 2-3 weeks.

·
Registered
831 Posts
ticketyboo2002 said:
Hi, I would be very appreciative for information with regards a Visit Visa to enable my daughter to bring her husband for a holiday in England. They are both professional people working and living in Dubai with no intention of returning to England. If there are any ex-pats that can advise me o for a settlementn whether just for a holiday does he have to have a sponsor etc from her? I thought that was just for a settlement visa, not just a holiday for 2-3 weeks.
You'll need to be a bit more specific re nationality

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry, Blazeaway, my fault I should have said. He is Syrian, his family moved to Dubai 12 years ago. He has an Algerian passport. He is an accountant at a private hospital. They would just like to come for a holiday.

·
Registered
831 Posts
ticketyboo2002 said:
Sorry, Blazeaway, my fault I should have said. He is Syrian, his family moved to Dubai 12 years ago. He has an Algerian passport. He is an accountant at a private hospital. They would just like to come for a holiday.
Algerian passport holders need a visa as do Syrians, go to British Consulate in Dubai?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
When he tried to come in June this year to marry my daughter, they applied for a marriage visa and supplied bank statements etc, and I wrote a letter saying that they would be staying with me and returning 2 days after the wedding. They turned him down. So, now that they want to apply for a visit visa for a holiday next summer I want to know just what they are going to need to take to the Embassy. They went to Cyprus and got married in the end and he had no problem going there, as he hadn't coming on holiday to Turkey when I lived there 2 years ago.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.