Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all i have been offered a job in nsw Newcastle. Myself my wife and my 2 year old daughter will be living on a salary of $90000 year. Is this good wage and liveable. Also whats it like to live in Newcastle and surrunding suburbs. Thanks for your time

G

·
90k is a pretty good wage especially for somewhere like newcastle where you can get a lot more home for your money renting & buying compared to sydney.

Personally I didn't like newcastle but that was more to do with my inlaws lol. It depends on what you are used to. Its a city but didn't seem like it to me coming from bustling liverpool. Too little going on for us but if you are not from or want a big city with tons going on you may love it. Some great beaches and lovely national parks though, great place for kids to grow up.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for your comment. Thats good news we will be making the move in the next six months. Excited and scarey times. Anymore advice that will help life initially run stress free would be great. Things to do or not to.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.