·
Registered
47 Posts
Hi All,

189 Timelines Increased to 11-15 months from 8-11 months
Skilled Independent visa (subclass 189) (Points-tested) stream

I dont know what to say.... :eek:hwell:
Please learn how to read properly.

The processing time is updated monthly and what you mentioned is from 20th June till 31st July 2017 and remember during that time they did not give out any grants .They actually issued grants but very few.

They started going back to normal in August to the new processing time update will be much less (i would say 75% within 4 months and 90% within 7 months).

·
Registered
770 Posts

·
Registered
23,910 Posts

The processing time is updated monthly and what you mentioned is from 20th June till 31st July 2017 and remember during that time they did not give out any grants .They actually issued grants but very few.

They started going back to normal in August to the new processing time update will be much less (i would say 75% within 4 months and 90% within 7 months).
Please be courteous if you want the help of other members

The member has given a correct information
You may interpret it any way you like, but you have no right to criticise others the way you did

Cheers

·
Registered
47 Posts
Please be courteous if you want the help of other members

The member has given a correct information
You may interpret it any way you like, but you have no right to criticise others the way you did

Cheers
Please keep your advice to yourself.He should have posted the link and not his our interpretation.

·
Registered
23,910 Posts
Please keep your advice to yourself.He should have posted the link and not his our interpretation.
So only you are allowed to post an interpretation and no one else ?
Why did you give your interpretation?

Cheers

·
Registered
282 Posts
I suppose it gives you more hope to believe that processing times may reduce. I agree with you and hope that it will also reduce.

But, whatever the case is you should stop being so aggressive and offensive. You can't dictate what other people should or should not as this platform has free speech. Good luck in your journey.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Soon People will start doing suicides observing this time line.... No offence, just kidding.

G

·
You need to learn and respect other forum member before you post anything. He just shared actual information and how you interpret info , it's your issue that you need to deal with it personally. Remember we are here to share info , help each other and not insult other people.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Thanks for correcting me...

More over thanks for everyone who supported my thoughts, though it was a misinterpretation in my end... :)

@mariner86 Wishing you best of luck in your journey :)

Reactions: jtsl9

·
Registered
79 Posts
I hope the timelines come down because it makes me reconsider the value Australia place on acquiring talent from overseas!!!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Other than couple of days in August the granting routine had been pretty shallow. There is no sign of that changing and by the sense of it the timeline will not come down right away. Predicting it will change to 4-7 months is frivolous as to attain that we need to see a representation of about 50 grants/ day in the forum.
As far as I remember the highest was on 10th August of
about 16 grants.
So - we need to stay storm and brace for more stormy weather out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

G

·
It's all waiting game. Once they start issuing grants, it will be in bulk and they will clear their previous backlog soon.
Other than couple of days in August the granting routine had been pretty shallow. There is no sign of that changing and by the sense of it the timeline will not come down right away. Predicting it will change to 4-7 months is frivolous as to attain that we need to see a representation of about 50 grants/ day in the forum.
As far as I remember the highest was on 10th August of
about 16 grants.
So - we need to stay storm and brace for more stormy weather out there.

·
Registered
83 Posts
It's all waiting game. Once they start issuing grants, it will be in bulk and they will clear their previous backlog soon.

Thanks for your optimism- by your statement it seems everyone in the DIBP office is waiting for a green signal from someone/ somewhere.

It seems that all validation/ security check are now complete as you say and one fine day the gates will open.

The question is when?

·
Registered
5 Posts
hi,
Is there anyone else who has been waiting for grant from last 6 months?
I received invite on 4th Jan 2017, submitted fee and documents by 30 Jan,CO assigned in just one day who raised request for additional documents, which I submitted by mid of February.

I've just been waiting ever since and this news of new visa processing time is no less than a nightmare for me.

Few questions from forum members:
1. how do you guys find how many grants are given every month. couldn't find that info on DIBP website. it just has number of invites sent every month.

2. Was it also required to reply on email once additional documents were uploaded to immiAccount apart from hitting the 'Information Provided' button ?I just did the latter and wondering may be should have replied to email for faster processing.

Thanks,
R

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
hi,
Is there anyone else who has been waiting for grant from last 6 months?
I received invite on 4th Jan 2017, submitted fee and documents by 30 Jan,CO assigned in just one day who raised request for additional documents, which I submitted by mid of February.

I've just been waiting ever since and this news of new visa processing time is no less than a nightmare for me.

Few questions from forum members:
1. how do you guys find how many grants are given every month. couldn't find that info on DIBP website. it just has number of invites sent every month.

2. Was it also required to reply on email once additional documents were uploaded to immiAccount apart from hitting the 'Information Provided' button ?I just did the latter and wondering may be should have replied to email for faster processing.

Thanks,
R
There have been so many people waiting from 2016.

1.) Check https://myimmitracker.com/en/au/trackers/consolidated-visa-tracker-sc189

2.) Not required. IP button is enough.

Hope you get your grant soon . :)

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Thanks for your optimism- by your statement it seems everyone in the DIBP office is waiting for a green signal from someone/ somewhere.

It seems that all validation/ security check are now complete as you say and one fine day the gates will open.

The question is when?

I like the idea that the grant notices are all awaiting the send button, but I wonder if this is really the case. There have been quite a few changes made to visa rules (457, etc), departments merged and things seem less than happy at DIBP. It would appear that the grant rate didn't just slow, but has almost stopped, which does suggest there is something that needs to occur to restore normal activity, but I have to wonder if the backlog will really just disappear. Remember that these are legal documents, not just emails, so there will be a process that has to complete.

It's all very suspicious: the 1000 invite rate, the lack of grants... I can't help but think that the government are looking to tinker again. Here's hoping not. One thing's for sure, they are massively holding up the rate at which people are processed for PR. One would hope they had a good reason for doing so, but I've learned that with this process it's not always the case.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I like the idea that the grant notices are all awaiting the send button, but I wonder if this is really the case. .......
Yea I agree and I think we are only looking at a rising wait time. It is a bit naive to say that one fine day it will just get back to normalcy of 2015. Given it is almost September there is definitely some reason that PR grants are not issued. It cannot be lack of decision, I think it is a decision to hold off given political turmoil and chances of hung parliament in the coming days. If need be, then the portrayal of held up immigrants at borders (saving local jobs) can be a trump card for victory.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts