Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help!!
Can anyone advise? please!

I am looking for very high speed internet provider, any info most greatful.

Sky Tv, any info please, I have been told just bring my sky box and card, have a dish installed by local agent???????

Indications of costs would be great.

Thanks
Steve

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Sorry have I asked the question in a bad manner? 63 views no pointers. I guess most people have the Internet, but I guess I did mis-type the word Internet!!!! I am only looking for ball park figures, so if you can give an indication of service provider it would be great.
Thanks
Steve

·
Registered
587 Posts
Sorry have I asked the question in a bad manner? 63 views no pointers. I guess most people have the Internet, but I guess I did mis-type the word Internet!!!! I am only looking for ball park figures, so if you can give an indication of service provider it would be great.
Thanks
Steve
I recall getting a bit upset by slow internet, my wife sorts it all out - the upshot was a monopoly of CYTA - that was a couple of years back, but I'm not convinced the situation has changed much. Our IT guy at work also seems to be frustrated that he can't obtain high speeds (but I could be worng). I think there is also some uncertainty over Sky - I've read that they cut you off if they realise you're in Cyprus. Have no idea on prices as we've not bothered with sattelite etc as lack of decent TV was one of the things we liked about family life here. Gets us out and about more...Sorry I can't be of any further help.

·
Super Moderator
12,544 Posts
The internet speed was improved by Cytanet last year and we find it adequate even if it isnt as fast as internet in the UK. We are online most of the day and are reasonably happy with it.
For sky TV as you have been told, just bring your sky box and card and have a dish installed. You can get a card from the dish providers if you want the full sky package and you pay up front for a year f or that. If you are happy with the free to view channels it dosnt cost you anything.
There are also other systems such as hotbird but if you like t o follow the Uk soaps etc I think you get them at odd times, not at the same time as the UK.
There are also some sytems where you can get your telephone and your tv all through one satelite but I don;t know much about these. I am sure there will be someone along would can tell you about them.

Veronica

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The internet speed was improved by Cytanet last year and we find it adequate even if it isnt as fast as internet in the UK. We are online most of the day and are reasonably happy with it.
For sky TV as you have been told, just bring your sky box and card and have a dish installed. You can get a card from the dish providers if you want the full sky package and you pay up front for a year f or that. If you are happy with the free to view channels it dosnt cost you anything.
There are also other systems such as hotbird but if you like t o follow the Uk soaps etc I think you get them at odd times, not at the same time as the UK.
There are also some sytems where you can get your telephone and your tv all through one satelite but I don;t know much about these. I am sure there will be someone along would can tell you about them.

Veronica
Veronica
Thanks for the info! Are members allowed to recommend service providers/company's?
Talk Soon
Steve

·
Super Moderator
12,544 Posts
Veronica
Thanks for the info! Are members allowed to recommend service providers/company's?
Talk Soon
Steve
No problem Steve as long as they do not recommend a company which they are invovled with, eg. own it or work for it, as this is advertising. It is Ok to recommend a company they have used and found to be good.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.