Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 20 of 2594 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is an India specific query.
I am in process of filing for my ACS work experience recognition.

My query is that is it ok if I go ahead and apply for a police clearance certificate now ? I was trying to find out why do we have to wait till the CO asks for a PCC to apply for one.

Also, for some one looking to apply for PCC, you need to visit this site, register, get an online appointment and then visit the Passport Seva Kendra with all the documents- passportindia(dot)gov(dot)in

I got my renewed passport within 2 weeks by following the process listed at this site.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Your initial entry date, if you get a visa, its based on the PCC date. Even if you apply to DIAC now it will take around six months for a CO to be allocated to you. So, it its better to wait for CO before you apply for PCC.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Just to jump in here jivesha, what amount of time do you have from PCC's are stamped? Eg do you have one year from the pcc's are stamped to activate your visa or less time?

·
Registered
328 Posts
IrishAussie said:
Just to jump in here jivesha, what amount of time do you have from PCC's are stamped? Eg do you have one year from the pcc's are stamped to activate your visa or less time?
You have exactly one year, IrishAussie.

Reactions: neo656

·
Registered
34 Posts
That's great Jivesha, thanks. sent for mine yesterday. Does the same timeframe exist for medicals do you know? I had my medicals done in October for another visa and was told I could use them again for 175/176 would that mean I have until October to activate the visa should I be successful? Thanks!

·
Registered
328 Posts
IrishAussie said:
That's great Jivesha, thanks. sent for mine yesterday. Does the same timeframe exist for medicals do you know? I had my medicals done in October for another visa and was told I could use them again for 175/176 would that mean I have until October to activate the visa should I be successful? Thanks!
Yes, the same timeframe holds for medicals also. That means your initial entry date will be in October.

·
Registered
328 Posts
IrishAussie said:
Ok I'll keep that in mind, thanks again!
You're welcome, and good luck to you.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Your initial entry date, if you get a visa, its based on the PCC date. Even if you apply to DIAC now it will take around six months for a CO to be allocated to you. So, it its better to wait for CO before you apply for PCC.
Thank you Jivesha. I will apply for PCC later.

·
Registered
328 Posts
srivasu said:
Thank you Jivesha. I will apply for PCC later.
You're welcome Srivasu. All the best.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Hello

Just wanted to inform the below.

You do not need an appointment for a PCC , Just upload the profile on the site and take a print out of the page where you try booking an appointment.

That should suffice.

Cheers

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You're welcome Srivasu. All the best.
So, I was thinking about this again.

We have been delaying shifting our residence closer to office because we've been living here for about 3 years now. I think if I shift my residence, the PCC might get complicated because they seem to like you if you live at the same address for a long time.

What kind of problems I can run into if I go ahead and apply for a PCC right now - knowing that I might have a change of address post getting the PCC ?

·
Registered
628 Posts
So, I was thinking about this again.

We have been delaying shifting our residence closer to office because we've been living here for about 3 years now. I think if I shift my residence, the PCC might get complicated because they seem to like you if you live at the same address for a long time.

What kind of problems I can run into if I go ahead and apply for a PCC right now - knowing that I might have a change of address post getting the PCC ?
For PCC, if the address mentioned in passport is different than the one in application requested, you need to provide some proof for current address else only the passport in original is needed when you to to PSK. If you change the address before PCC, you might not have some prescribed address proofs. so better get it done and then move. After PCC is granted, they don't bother about you change ur home or not.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I had put this question to DIAC -

"Is it ok if I apply for Police Clearance Certificate now - knowing that my application to DIAC is at least 2 months away ?"

The answer that I got was -

1."If you are applying for a police clearance from a country which is requesting a letter from the Department of Immigration and Citizenship, you will need to wait until your application has been allocated to a case officer."

2."Police Clearance Certificates are considered to be valid for 12 months from the date that they are issued."

I think #1 is not applicable to India. I have filled the form available on the Passport Seva Portal for PCC and it doesnt mention a requirement for such a letter. It does ask for which country is the PCC required though.

What do the experts think ? Were they asked for such a letter ?

Reactions: neo656

·
Registered
194 Posts

"Is it ok if I apply for Police Clearance Certificate now - knowing that my application to DIAC is at least 2 months away ?"

1."If you are applying for a police clearance from a country which is requesting a letter from the Department of Immigration and Citizenship, you will need to wait until your application has been allocated to a case officer."

2."Police Clearance Certificates are considered to be valid for 12 months from the date that they are issued."

I think #1 is not applicable to India. I have filled the form available on the Passport Seva Portal for PCC and it doesnt mention a requirement for such a letter. It does ask for which country is the PCC required though.

The PSK centre at Sahibabad, which comes under the Delhi RPO did not ask for any letter from DIAC when we got our PCCs.

Reactions: neo656 and srivasu

·
Registered
628 Posts

I think I read in this forum that PSK in Gujarat asks for such letter. Even tough it is not mentioned in the passport India web page, few PSK asks for it. So better check with your PSK in person and confirm this else this can be a last minute surprise!

Reactions: srivasu

·
Registered
179 Posts
I think I read in this forum that PSK in Gujarat asks for such letter. Even tough it is not mentioned in the passport India web page, few PSK asks for it. So better check with your PSK in person and confirm this else this can be a last minute surprise!
One thing about PCC in Hyderabad.

My wife and I were denied PCC because our passports do not have spouse name on them.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
PCC and medicals are valid for one year from the date of issue..
So if you take them now and if for some reason these are required at a later stage then the CO will ask you to take them again...

I will strongly suggest you to take the PCC now...
medical is online anyways now and the reports get uploaded in a few days..

the processing time for visas is very fast and in all probability you will get it within an year :)

This is an India specific query.
I am in process of filing for my ACS work experience recognition.

My query is that is it ok if I go ahead and apply for a police clearance certificate now ? I was trying to find out why do we have to wait till the CO asks for a PCC to apply for one.

Also, for some one looking to apply for PCC, you need to visit this site, register, get an online appointment and then visit the Passport Seva Kendra with all the documents- passportindia(dot)gov(dot)in

I got my renewed passport within 2 weeks by following the process listed at this site.

Reactions: srivasu

·
Registered
628 Posts
One thing about PCC in Hyderabad.

My wife and I were denied PCC because our passports do not have spouse name on them.
sorry to hear that...don't waste a day...apply for the same

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
thats rite..
Gujarat has this mandatory rule...
Its funny and weird as to how one state's PSKs ask for the letter while other states dont..
ditto with this crazy "spouse's name in passport" ...
if the wife's passport has husband's name in it then where is the question of any discrepancy or wrong doing?
but our passport office is a little tipsy headed ;)...
gotta follow their weird rules...

1 - 20 of 2594 Posts