Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could anyone please let me know how much time getting a PCC generally takes in Bangalore? Also I have been abroad 4 times in the last ten years on short trips (no more than 3 weeks); would I need PCC from those places too?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Could anyone please let me know how much time getting a PCC generally takes in Bangalore? Also I have been abroad 4 times in the last ten years on short trips (no more than 3 weeks); would I need PCC from those places too?

Thanks in advance.
For pcc in bangalore normally it takes 10 to 15 days after visiting the passport sevakendra. U must satisfy the police with enough tips then u get the pcc at right time.in our case it took one month as our tip was less so had to visit the police station again to check about the delay.she said some unnecessary excuses for our application .u require pcc if u have stayed for more than 12 months in any of the country

·
Registered
77 Posts
Iam from Bangalore. I walked into the Marathalli PSK one morning and had my PCC in hand in the next hr or so. My Address is the same as in passport. Also, my passport was made in 2009, so Iam guessing they already had my records and didn't have to do much. But most forums would tell U it won't take more than a day unless there is a discrepancy in situation.

I've been on 2 short trips abroad too in the last 10 yrs, but that didnt require me to get PCC from there.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Iam from Bangalore. I walked into the Marathalli PSK one morning and had my PCC in hand in the next hr or so. My Address is the same as in passport. Also, my passport was made in 2009, so Iam guessing they already had my records and didn't have to do much. But most forums would tell U it won't take more than a day unless there is a discrepancy in situation.

I've been on 2 short trips abroad too in the last 10 yrs, but that didnt require me to get PCC from there.
I forgot to mention that my present address is not same as in the passport so I had to go for police verification.otherwise pcc gets within hours.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I forgot to mention that my present address is not same as in the passport so I had to go for police verification.otherwise pcc gets within hours.
Hi Liz

I can see from your signature that you had done your meds on 10 sep and your PCC on 9 Oct .... could you pls tell me when your last date for initial entry is?

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I had made a PCC in early Aug 13, but dont want to submit that PCC because if I do then my initial entry date would be too early .... just wanted to confirm if I could make another PCC in early Nov 13 and submit that instead of the earlier PCC?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Hi Liz

I can see from your signature that you had done your meds on 10 sep and your PCC on 9 Oct .... could you pls tell me when your last date for initial entry is?
Its september 2014

·
Registered
5 Posts
You just need to go to police station & ask for PCC. Follow the instruction guide by any SIP (Sub inspector).

Note : If they are asking for any fees. Don't pay more than 200 INR.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I tried to book a slot today but only got a 12nov appointment: ( bangalore marathalli psk

Even my pp address is from different state... any idea how long does it take from 12nov?

Can I try my luck making another appointment to get an early date? Pl suggest..

·
Registered
62 Posts
I tried to book a slot today but only got a 12nov appointment: ( bangalore marathalli psk

Even my pp address is from different state... any idea how long does it take from 12nov?

Can I try my luck making another appointment to get an early date? Pl suggest..
just walkin to the marathahalli psk with the pcc application acknowledgement form which has your arn number ,passport and the necessary documents to prove your present address.you might have police verification , that means police will call you to the police station.if you are lucky police will process your file fast and will get pcc within 10 to 15 days .

·
Registered
837 Posts
For pcc in bangalore normally it takes 10 to 15 days after visiting the passport sevakendra. U must satisfy the police with enough tips then u get the pcc at right time.in our case it took one month as our tip was less so had to visit the police station again to check about the delay.she said some unnecessary excuses for our application .u require pcc if u have stayed for more than 12 months in any of the country

Please don't misguide the people. For PCC in Bangalore, it hardly takes 2 hours to get the certificate.

Even if your address is changed from your passport address, just carry out relevant documents to support the new address.

It's simple process!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Please don't misguide the people. For PCC in Bangalore, it hardly takes 2 hours to get the certificate.

Even if your address is changed from your passport address, just carry out relevant documents to support the new address.

It's simple process!
I just wrote from my experience , I went to the same psk for my pcc, and I had all originals to prove my present address still I had police verification and it took one month to process becoz of unncessary delay made by the police.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts