Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI Guys,

I have submitted my application and paid the fees.
In the document section list Character Evidence (PCC) is there which is recommended doc.
I want to do the PCC upfront before CO contacts so that my application can be processed fast.

But I have a doubt:
I am an Indian Staying in Singapore, when I went to Indian Embassay for PCC they asked me the letter from Embassy suggesting that I need PCC.: Not sure how to get this letter.

Please advise on this urgently as I want to get my PCC done even before CO contact.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Also please let me know if the same letter is required for Singapore PCC
Hi Sharma,

I had my Indian PCC and Singapore PCC which staying in Singapore.

For Indian PCC in Singapore:

1. Indian PCC is processed via BLS International
2. Go to BLS International (Tanjong Pagar or Little India branch, but Little India branch though crowded, it is easier to get things done).
3. Bring along your passport, ITA letter, PCC form (it is available in their website or can be filled at BLS), passport size photo. I have heard from some people that BLS staff ask for CO letter but actually it is not necessary, ITA letter is enough, but you may need to convince them with iTA.
4. PLease check the fees I think it is 30$ + another 30$ for processing.
5. Processing time is 3 working days
6. You can check BLS international website for more details

For Singapore PCC
1. You need to first submit appeal to apply COC via the singapore COC website
2. You need to submit ITA, passport details , purpose etc.,
3. They take 5 days to process the appeal approval
4. Once you get approval, you can apply for appointment for fingerprinting
5. Appointments slots are usually booked for next 2-3 weeks, so there may be delay here.
6. Cost about 55$ for COC
7. You get COC on the same day of fingerprinting, usually around 15mins after they take fingerprints.
Please check singapore COC for full details and process.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello guys,

I am also in Singapore for the last 9 month and i have started the ACS process a month ago. Just wanted to know if i would need to get PCC done in India or Singapore?

I am a citizen of India and lived my whole life there. Only for the last few months i have been in SG on Employment Pass.
Any guidance regarding this would be highly appreciated. All the best guys

Thanks

·
Registered
181 Posts
Hello guys,

I am also in Singapore for the last 9 month and i have started the ACS process a month ago. Just wanted to know if i would need to get PCC done in India or Singapore?

I am a citizen of India and lived my whole life there. Only for the last few months i have been in SG on Employment Pass.
Any guidance regarding this would be highly appreciated. All the best guys

Thanks
PCC is required when you have stayed in a country for atleast 12 months. In your case as you are yet to submit EOI and get Invitation, you may cross 12 months stay in SG at the time of visa lodgement. So you will be required to submit PCC at the time of visa lodgement. In short, you may be required to submit SG PCC but you can wait till you get invite.

You would definitely need India PCC, but this again can be processed only after getting invite.

·
Registered
6 Posts
PCC is required when you have stayed in a country for atleast 12 months. In your case as you are yet to submit EOI and get Invitation, you may cross 12 months stay in SG at the time of visa lodgement. So you will be required to submit PCC at the time of visa lodgement. In short, you may be required to submit SG PCC but you can wait till you get invite.

You would definitely need India PCC, but this again can be processed only after getting invite.
Thanks a lot for detailed info. I will wait for the invite. Hope it comes soon, fingers crossed :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts